A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Monday, September 21, 2009

Jazreel at 10mths


My little girl is growing up so fast. She used to be quiet, sweet and good natured, but past her 9mths mark started showing her true colours. Now she's loud, fierce, supremely possessive of her toys, and is a doggedly determined little girl.

1. She started cruising around 9mths, and has 4 teeth by 8mths.
2. She likes baby crackers, and can munch one contentedly by herself, but usually will not finish. She started eating it for the first time on 4 Sep. She's still vomiting her food occasionally though.... :(
3. She don't dislike potatoes as much now, have not reintroduced parsnip though.
4. She chuckles out loud and laughs when we open the door to the masterbedroom and she sees gorgor and Daddy sleeping there.
5. She can't sit still, and is either crawling, climbing or exploring.
6. Since that time she called me mama 1-2mths back, recently she did it again at the dining table. Thereafter she don't do that anymore. But just last week, she yelled for my mom and called "Ah Ma!". quite a few times over the following few days...seems like not a fluke. needless to say, my mom was super pleased. Few weeks back, I even thought she said byebye when waving byebye to Daddy.
7. She hates it when gorgor or anyone takes the toy from her hand, and she will yell to make her feelings known.
8. Last mth, she attempts to catch our attention by waving her arms/hands in front of our face, but now she goes "ah! ARGHH!!" and points at us.
9. 16 Sept, climbed up the 15.5 inch high sofa by herself without aid, but grunting like a man in the effort. Aiyoh.
10. Hates anyone else washing her up for bed when she knows I am home. But she allows it if I am not home, but that only happened twice so far.
11. She is such a cia (fierce) char bor! Can't believe it. Hubby says that part of the genes' from me. HHmph.
12. She has this cheeky habit of sticking her tongue out of the corner of her mouth, giving her a very impish look.
13. Since 9mths, she's no longer quiet and contented on the diaper changing table. She wails and screams and struggles like I am trying to torture her, and most toys won't appease her. She also has strong abs, and can crunch herself into a sitting position from the diaper changing table without pulling/holding onto any support at all.

14. At 8mths, she gave the first deliberate kiss to me, then 2 days later to Daddy. Both on the mouth hehee.
15. After her bottom teeth came out, she likes grinding her teeth. she has bitten me many times so far! Jovann has bitten me only twice during the entire 15mths of TBF! One night about 2 mths ago, she bite me when nursing, and I said "Ouch!" and pulled away. She looked up at me...thoughtfully...then grinned and started grinding her teeth cheekily! ARrrggghhh! No way am I putting myself back in her mouth that time.

16. She's so used to sleeping in her own cot in her own room that on weekend nights I bring her to our bed, its like she entered disneyland. She will sit up in bed, chuckle to herself in the dark, grin at us and touch our faces, climb over Daddy to peer down enthusiastically at gorgor. End up more often than not we don't sleep well.
17. She's just not putting on weight very well though, its been a mth and she still just reached 9kg. She's no longer as chubby as she was before that croup episode in July. I miss that chubby face. Milestones and aggressiveness are secondary, coz there's nothing else I want more than to see her grow well and healthy.

No comments: