A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Jazreel Turns ONE

Venue ... FIDGETS
Date ... 25 October 2009 Sunday
Time ... 10am - 12noon
Party Theme ...Princess & Unicorns
Pre-party works in progress...



I know i know...I previously promised myself no more elaborate gender/age/liking specific goody bags. But being me, I can't resist! Esp when I see ....these!!! Fairytale Unicorns (how mythical sounding is that???) bubble necklace (how fun and pretty at the same time!)

Too  bad the Fairy tale unicorn goody boxes went OOS then discontinued whilst in the midst of deciding my orders. So in the end had to order the other unicorn boxes. With of course, my usual organic goodies..... :)


Sticky name labels :P as a gift and I also use one each to label the goody boxes.

Invites, my labour of love.


The scrapbook layouts I did for the guests to put polaroids of them taken that day.

Party Day - The mad rush pre-guests arrival. Hubby, under my directives, rushed around fetching stuff and putting up the posters. Dear Grace came early to help out with little Clarence, thanks dear! The FIDGETS staff were great, kudos to them for going along with my wierd requests like replacing all their offered IKEA plates and cutleries with my own unicorn theme ones. Even the napkins are replaced. I also asked them for only pink and purple and white balloons, but end up not using them coz I have my own.
Tables all set...and I forgot about the 1st birthday princess dessert plates in the end!





Posters Up!

Close up of 1st Birthday Milestones Poster, another labour of love.


I love this pic of my princess "ascending" her throne with this haughty look on her face. :P Ma ma helped me feed her the porridge I cooked that day to feed the toddler guests. It was sakura chicken broth porridge with organic pumpkin, minced pork and garden peas.



Goody bags. Hubby, right after teasing me for being so fussy about the party, proceeded to line up the bags in alphabetical order. Talk about fussiness! But must thank him in the end for it did speed up the handing out process somewhat. :P


I love this cake. I bought the figurine of Princess Belle celebrating her birthday, gave some instructions to the baker, and also requested that she make a unicorn figurine. She was fantastic....her unicorn even has lovely eyelashes (click on pic to see blown up)!!! She also added a pumpkin carriage for me, and i love the sweet flowers lining the stoned pathway up to the castle door....a castle out of a fairytale. I wanna stay! I also love the details she put on the castle turrets. But best of all, whew, the guests like the taste of the cake too!


Her Friends....
***





***
Thank you all for your treasured presence and lovely presents!

Actual day, took leave and brought her to Peekaboo. It's really fun going out alone with her, spending two-on-one time. She loves the balls in the ball pit and scattered around the playground, always striving to have one in each hand at any one time. And she will make sure that they are the same colour too.

Daddy hiding under the balls playing hide and seek with her.


We had lunch at AkaShabu, and Jaz entertained herself as usual with the cutleries and plastic bowl.

I brought out baby jar food for her, but she didn't seem to like this flavour. We ended up giving her some of our food, and so she had grilled fish and rice for the first time. AND chewed ") *beaming*

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Hi, can share how you did your daughter's birthday milestones poster??

Its very nice! gd job mummy :)

Bin said...

Hi Sabrina, sorry I seldom check comments so only now then I saw yours!!! oh dear....am i too late in replying? I used scrapbooking elements to do (collected, bought from all over e.g. www.shabbyprincess.com, www.scrapgirls.com), done from scratch. Using Photoshop elements software. Then printed by a professional printing company at peace centre at $65 I think. 1.2m x 1.2m... hope that helps!