A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Friday, June 22, 2007

Crawling Champ!

He won his 1st crawling contest!

Mommy brought you to the Young Parent Fiesta in Marina Sq and there's a baby crawling contest for babies between 5-10mths old. I registered you for it! At this point, I think I should let you guys know that silly me did not manage to take any photos NOR videos of him in action! Why? Coz I was there only with my mum (Jovann's Ah Ma) who do not know how to use a camera. I was busy catching his attention to make him crawl to realise I could have passed the cam to one of the MANY organisers/helpers behind me. DUH. It was your first crawling game and Mommy missed capturing it. I am so sorry Jovann. Let's recap with you here in words kae?

There were 5 babies in total, but split up into 3s (where Jovann is) and 2s (1 boy and 1 girl whom spent the longest time looking at each other before crawling, hehe). Green and yellow combi jig saw mats were laid on the entire stage for you babes to crawl from one edge of the stage to the other. Whilst waiting for these to be up, you were so hyper you were trying to climb up my body when I was carrying you. A lady commented you are one active boy. Ah Ma carried you up to the starting line. You were the first off! Coz you had caught sight of the black remote control Mommy brought along to entice you. Your eyes were focused on it, and you were leading for half of the stage length. Then you decided you needed a rest. You sat on your bum, and actually looked back at Ah Ma, the ever attractive remote control forgotten for that split second. I think you could be mentally measuring the distance back to Ah Ma and if it' ll be less work to go back that way. At this time, the other 2 babes caught up, and the little cute indian boy next to you drew level, then passed you! You then remembered me again, and decided to continue crawling, and you caught up with the little indian boy, at one time even veering a bit off course towards his toys (some teething rings and softtoys). When the 2 of you drew level with his mommy, he was actually still a bit ahead. But he has stopped. Knowing the finish line is where the last piece of combi jig saw is, I placed the remote there and you moved that crucial few paces and was crowned the winner! hahahaa... the organiser asked for your name again, and the Emcee announced.... "An the winner is.....Jovann!...wow! congrats!" hehehe. And we were given a big green combi bag, which seems to contain a lot of goodies....but.....you won't believe it if I tell you whats our price for all your efforts. A 800ml of Combi Bottle Cleansing Detergent and many Combi pamphlets!!! Goodness... hahahaa. Eerrrr....what's the difference betw the winner's prize and the participants' gifts? Their bottles are smaller. DUH.




Mommy was either too thrilled at you winning, or too worried that you are hungry, coz even at this point I forgot I can take photo of you on the crawling mat already! Well, we ended up going off from the stage, so there goes any photo memory of you on the crawling mat, brrrrr......

Well, later managed to ask one of the helper to take a photo of 2 of us at the Fiesta, here's it! hehee.


Before all this, while waiting for the crawling contest to start (they wanted 6 participants min), Mommy went to this French Cheese booth that sells several French brands of cheese, some of which are suitable for babies from 6mths. Mommy fed you a small piece of it and the love hate expression on your face was priceless. You look disgusted by the taste, but kept leaning towards me and opening your mouth for more! Think you are too hungry.
***

***

There was also a Sony Young Parents Cover baby booth that I wanted to check out. An experience there made me see the ugly side of Singaporeans.

Due to some miscommunication and probably poor organising, there were 2 queues for the parents queueing to have their babies photos taken (we get to bring one home). If your baby happen to flash his/her brightest smile for the camera and charmed the persons behind the scenes, he or she may get to grace the cover of the next YP mag! cool....actually I was just there for the free photo...hahahahha! Anyway, the 2 queues caused some confusion and when I put Jovann on the table (with some nice white furry rug on it), there was a pair of grandparents at the front of the other queue quarrelling with the photographer. They claimed they queued very long already, their grandson is sleepy (a lot of babies are at this stage), and how can they let me go first. I was like, helo, I also queued as long as you, its not my fault you were in the other (wrong) queue. These thoughts were of course not voiced out. They kept arguing and I could see the photographer getting flustered. All this while, Jovann was smiling at everyone and happily grabbbing the furry mat and talking to himself. If photos were taken at this moment, they would have turned out great. BUT, guess what, the grandparents just deliberately plonked their grandson down directly beside Jovann, arm to arm. This ensured that no good photos could be taken. They have made their point. Just at that moment, the Crawling contest organiser called me and asked that I gather in front of the stage. So I told the photographer and relieved him off an awkward situation. I could see the gratitude in his eyes, hahahaa. I then shoke my head at the grandparents and left.

Well, you know the rest of what happened during the crawling. Thing is, after winning, we went back to the photography booth, Jovann was by this time so hungry that he was munching on the remote. When I put him down and remove the remote, he started crying! nothing I can do (returning the remote) can cheer him up. Nope, not good photoshoot time. So off we go to feed him first. After that, we returned to finally have our photos taken. Again, by this time, its about 15mins before his nap time, and Jovann is staaaaarting to get sleepy I think, though he was still smiling when I carry him. Once I put him down, he cried again! It took a balloon and some screechy balloon noises to stop his tears. But of course the photos didn't turn out as nice as I expected. Well, Daddy takes nicer pics. :) Here's the one they gave us. The frame can be folded to become a photo stand.

No comments: