A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My Birthday

Such a belated post, but been really busy and tired. Finally got down to some blogging. Wish to mention my birthday this year as its really enjoyable a day for me. Love the food, the movie, and flowers.... :) Thanks hubby!

Hubby asked me to choose the spa myself, as he knows I am quite particular when it comes to such luxury. Ngiak. I am not complaining! Decided on Auriga Spa in The Capella Sentosa. Ultimate retreat! very pampering, organic products. Excellent ambience, plush sofas, relexation lounge, perfect service. Love everything about it.

We had a tour by the friendly therapist and came across this strange ice bucket thingie. Apparently, you are supposed to slather ice over yourself after you come out of the suana/steamroom/hot jaccuzi...I can't remember which! hahaha! whatever it is for, I will NEVER put these cold things on myself!

The relaxation lounge, complete with tea and dried organic apricots. yummy.


Next is lunch. Hubby brought me to Julian Bombard. Hubby had pan seared foie gras and their lobster bisque (which he proclaimed to be the best he ever tasted) for starters, whilst I had a delicous half dozen oysters of the freshest sort I have ever tried. These oysters beat the oysters at Greenwood hands down! Its crunchy, fresh, succulent, didn't give me the "zhe lak" feeling at all. Each of the 6 is excellent. I wanted more!

On top of this, we had another starter of House Smoked Duck Breast with chopped romaine salad, which is surprisingly as sinful and fatty as the foie gras, hehee!


Roses from Poppy..! so pretty I kept looking at them througout dinner. The sweet waiter brought us a ice bucket to put the bouquet in.
For mains it was Pork Platter with briased jowl, belly and loin served with roast apple and green peppercorn sauce for me, and Spanish Paella with Chicken and Prawn with Chirozo sausage and orange for hubby. Both are delicious. Dessert was Melange of Berries with Chocolate Sorbet. Then hubby arranged a surprise for me.


We went to fetch Jovann and brought him to watch How to Train Your Dragon. We sat in Directors Seat and Jovann sat in between us,it was very fun and cosy. He enjoyed the show too. We then did some glass painting.

Lovely day! enjoyed every minute of it. :)

No comments: