A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Jovann's First Teeth!

17 May Thursday 2007

Jovann's First Teeth! Finally! Mommy is so happy! You will be 8mths old tomorrow, and you got a present for US. :)

I was feeding you the "li" fruit at dinner time for you to suck and lick on, and as usual u were trying to bite it. but this time i hear friction and a gnawing sound. I didn't think anything of it...and continue letting you "bite". Until i suddenly looked closer and saw white buds on your lower gum! I took a closer look, which is not easy as you keep sticking out your tongue wanting to lick my fingers, but I managed to be sure its Teeth I saw! 2 white buds peeping out from your lower pink gum already.

I was so happy that I wanted to show Daddy. What better way to do it then let you continue licking the piece of fruit so that your gums will be exposed? But the next moment, I heard the sound of a fruit breaking into 2. Our reaction was immediate. Mommy took out the fruit, and Daddy digged his finger in frantically to hook out the smaller piece you have biten off, from your mouth. You immediately cried after suffering such a rude probing, but both Daddy and Mommy breathed a sigh of relief. Ah Gong consoled you by carrying you up. No more letting you bite like that, what a close shave.

that night, Daddy and me tried to take a photo of your budding teeth, but you were so active we couldn't get a decent shot. Oh well, next time. :)

No comments: