A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Saturday, October 6, 2007

My Actual Birthday!

HELLO HELLO!!! my friends, I am back from Melbourne!! many of my friends are asking how come I didn't fulfil my promise of blogging every night in Melbourne. so so sorrry...really tired out after a full day of activities and cooking for Jovann and all that, figured best way to start the next day is to sleep early the night before! heheee. I am editing some of the trip photos now, promise they wil be up by end of the weekend yar!

For now, will like to just share with you how we spent Jovann's actual birthday! Yep! the huge birthday bash was not held on his actual birthday, coz his actual birthday falls on a Tue. 18 Sept. That big day of my little boy, both of us took leave to spend WHOLE day with him.

The night before, first time we put him into this new pyjamas that are not the bodysuit type. This is the 2piece type. To me, I kinda associate these PJs with big boys, so Jovann is officially a big boy at 1 yr old isn't he? :)

and incidentally, I am wearing the same PJs I laboured in the day of my labour hehe. oh, in case you are squirming in your seat, I changed into another gown before I birthed lah. hahaha.


Morning! Rise and SHINE! We head to Botanic Gardens for that long awaited family breakfast! MOmmy has always wanted to bring me there. But before that, they dressed me from head to toe in MANCHESTER UNITED ATTIRE! hey, even the socks are from MAN U okie? These entire outfit was specially ordered by my Daddy from UK website when I was around 6mths old.

I sat in the position of honour in front of his many many presents the weekend before! Hehhee... *rub hands in glee*, open presents time! Only managed to open about 3-4 though, before its time to go out! hehehe.


Very very surprisingly, I was rather well behaved during the breakfast. I sat in his highchair, observing the things around him, and at one point, a young couple sat at the neighbouring table and the lady kept smiling back at me when I smiled at her. So I started trying to communicate with her by "telling her" I am 1yr old and by pointing out the birds hopping around the floor. She was so amused she kept playing with me and Mommy Daddy drank their tea in peace. I enjoyed some warm toast from Mommy's plate, as well as some fresh crossiants and fresh watermelon. yum! being well behaved has its priviledges. :P






When the lady knew that today I am 1 yr old (have't I been trying to TELL her for hours???), she immediately wished me happy birthday and held out her hand. I knew I was supposed to shake it, but shaking hands appear to tickle me so much I kept giggling and withdrawing my hands when it touches herS! the adults were rather amused by my antics...


**

**

Mommy then went to collect my actual birthday cake from The Conscious Choice. It contains no wheat, no gluten, no eggs...suitable for babies! its a Peach Upside Down Cake, and it taste really sweet. Mommy forgot she can choose the "no sugar" option too. :P

oh my goodness, and ITS HUGE!


They sang me a birthday song. :) This is my slice, on my own little plate with my own little birthday napkin. :)
I only ate about 1/1000 of it.


Mommy fed me lunch and cooked my dinner to be packed in the food jar. Then off we go to Vivocity! with the intend to make me a Birthday Bear! Thanks AUntie Yuna for this bit of info! :) We arranged to meet Der Nen there too! Auntie June was so capable, spent 12-4pm alone with him and she looks so fresh! she has some lobangs so Mommy did a spot of shopping with her hehehe.

We then checked out BUild a Bear Workshop. Mommy didn't know the name, so had to sms Auntie Yuna. She searched for some time for the shop, and was so excited when we found it! But, the bears are all quite big, and none of them caught my fancy, so we didn't do. But we were pretty amazed by it all, you can even put voices into the bear, your own greeting message by Mommy Daddy etc, or songs! cool right? so sweet.....

Mommy Daddy then brought me to ToysRus, where they bought me a DRUM SET! hehee. I love to make noise with musical instruments.

As we strolled along in Vivo City, someone gave me a balloon, from Hogs Breath Cafe, I clutched it in my hands happily throughout.

Auntie June searched very hard for a restaurant that sells porridge suitable for baby. During this time, Daddy brought me to his all time favourite hobby shop, and I explored the place with him....




I ... WANT....THAT.....CLUB.....!!


and in the end we had our meals at the food court. After the 2 babies had our respective dinners, we sat together and I tried to make friends with Der Nen, but he don't seem interested! boo hoo...... Daddy said its coz Der Nen is a liverpool fan like his dad heheheee.


**

**

We then proceed to Coffee Bean for some drinks, and snacks for the babies.


What a LOVELY DAY! :) :) :)


The following saturday, we continue opening some more presents. This car came from Uncle


No comments: