A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Thursday, October 11, 2007

WE LOVE MELBOURNE - Part 3

Day 1 - after sleeping off the mild jet lag, Daddy suggested to take a trip to town, to Melbourne Central, where he heard the shopping malls stretches for 3 blocks. Mommy wanted to take the public transport, coz to her she have not really been to a country if she don't try their public transport hehehe. so off we go!

We strolled leisurely along Glen Huntly Road, dropped by at Timothy's Fine Foods recommended by our host. And Mommy order a cabbage roll for the first time in her life, with grape salad. thats her lunch! Then they realised I had fallen asleep in my stroller. Cool.....

They called back home to report safe arrival, and after lunch, we strolled to the Elsternwick train station, and Daddy asked for directions to get to where we wanna go. Paid for a full day pass as the 1 hour pass won't be enough for us to get back on.



I woke up on the platform when the train about to pull in, because Mommy transferred me from the stroller to Daddy's arms, in case the train step is too high for the stroller to be pushed safely up. We sat near these 2 ang moh girls who kept smiling at me, even though I did not bother with a return smile as I was still in a half asleep state. with the movement of the train and in Daddy's warm arms I soon fell asleep again.




We finally reached Melbourne City station, and Mommy quickly did a reconnaissance
of the shops. Daddy too, but no damage for the next 1 hour. We went to Myers nearby too.

I was awake, and Daddy Mommy decided its time for my afternoon milk. They sat down at a cafe and had afternoon tea while Mommy nursed me.


Life is good......they were rather amused how I enjoy my milk as I kept shaking my legs......
**

**

Soon after this, we went home on the train, and changed to a tram that brings us the 2 stops down Glen Huntly to somewhere opposite Parkside St where we stay. We dined at Sushiya Jap Restaurant, another place that Uncle Douglas recommended. For the first time, I was fed baby jar food, its Healthy Times Little Bears Chicken Stew, with Healthy Times vegetable stew. Mommy pour both into a VIA cup and asked the lady to microwaved it for me. It was with apprehension that she fed me the first spoon, but I surprised her by eating it all up! She still wasn't convinced jar food contains the necessary nutrients, so she asked the restaurant to cook some steam salmon and steam rice for me. When it came, it turn out to be stewed salmon, which tastes good Mommy, but I didnt like it much.

Daddy and Mommy enjoyed their bento sets, and towards the end Mommy carried me in her lap and continue trying to feed me the salmon and rice. I started to play with the rice, and turned around to feed Mommy instead! Its the first time I did that, and Daddy Mommy were tickled by what I was doing. Mommy felt secretly warm inside, as she find it so sweet that I am feeding her. She gave me some rice in my little fingers, and I brought it to her mouth. sometimes I feed myself though....

After dinner, our little family walked back to the B&B. Such a nice little day!

Day 2
Brought Jovann to Melbourne Aquarium!

When we reached town, the notti boy is napping, so we had a lunch at Crown Entertainment Centre. I had some really nice spinach and ricotta dish, with him still sleeping...

Crown Entertainment Centre. HUGE.



Jovann is awake!!! He wants his LUNCH!


Walk back to the aquarium after lunch. :)



The weather was very very windy today. Very very nice!!! Jovann is bundled up so no fear! see what fun he has at he aquarium. He saw jellyfish after jelly fish...small crabs, HUGE crabs....all sorts of fish, and SHARKS!
**

**










Back at Crown, tried to cover the whole plc from end to end, but I dun think we did it. Its huge. But we managed to find the much recommended Greco Cafe. Thanks Jenny! Only thing is, I thought it was Gecko...as in lizard. But when we pass by this cafe selling gorgeous desserts and cakes, and the spelling is similar, i tot maybe i heard wrong hehee.




This is the honeycomb cheesecake. I am a sucker for ANYTHING that LOOKS like caramel...


my goodness, how to resist?????? chunks and chunks of nougats, long long shelves of lovely little morsels of delights....I cannot resist. I ordered something call NOugalita...but found its out of stock. So happily changed to HOneycomb cheesecake which look heavenly....but was kinda dissappointed. coz its too rich to last more than a few bites. even hubby's Black Forest is a let down.... and the staff is rather stuck up....hmmm.....verdict, nice to look at.....not so nice to eat lah...


For dinner, we initially wanted to have Chris cook for us, but I forgot I have to tell him in advance, like, during breakfast. So, booked him for tomorrow. for today, its pizza day! We had it at Gidarno Pizza...yummy minstrone soup! added some carrots and soup into Jovann's beef stew... :)

No comments: