A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Monday, May 25, 2009

The Tooth Fairy has come! And other of Jaz's May Milestones...

Tooth Fairy

12 May, Jazreel’s 1st tooth is out!!! She is 6.5months old! 5 days ago, both of us saw it nearly peeking out, and today, ah ma called us when we were at work, telling us the maid said Jaz’s teeth is really out! So exciting, what a milestone! I was peeved though that I was not the one who saw it. My guess that she would cut her first tooth earlier than 7mths was right. Interesting. :P

24 May, 7mths old. 2nd tooth is out too! Now she has officially 2 teeth in her mouth, and is officially non-bohgey. :P I was previously peeved that I wasn’t the one who noticed her 1st tooth, so I was determined to be the first to notice her 2nd tooth! Hahaha.




Playing with gorgor the day her 2nd tooth came out.

Many precious things about JAZREEL…


Around the time she turned 6months, I started massaging for her at night. Initially I used Buds Baby Lotion, and now I am using California baby after I finished Buds. But I still prefer the texture and scent of Buds. Hhmmm….so I just bought another tube. :P Jaz loves being massage. Initially she gazed at me curiously, wondering what I am doing to her. Then, she started to smile when my palms move around her chest, her hands, and her legs. After that, every night she will know what’s coming when I start rubbing my palms together to warm up the cream. She will pause what she’s doing (usually chewing some changing table toys), gaze at me, and once my hands touched her, she will smile, esp when I massage the thighs haha. So sweet. But when I do her little feet and toes, she will flinch and pull away hehehe. Ticklish.

A few days after my previous post about her waking up at night (before we sleep) and demanding to be carried, her pattern changed. She still cries many times before we sleep (she used to stay quiet from her 9pm bedtime to 8plus am the next morning), that is, between 8.30pm-12midnight, but once she sees you in the room and feel your hand on her, she turns to one side and continues to sleep. She just want the pressure of the hand on her, the knowledge of your presence. This is her pattern betw 6 to 7 mths of age. :P

She loves sleeping on her side now, many times when putting her down for nap, she will even turn in my arms when I am putting her down halfway, resulting in her stuck in an awkward position in my arms heheh. Even the maid commented she’s suddenly easier to put to nap. She may cry out when she hits the bed, eyes half opened, but within seconds will turn on her side and doze. Very cute.

This is the way she turns around in her hairchair to follow me when I go into the kitchen, and her endearing way of tilting her head such that it rests on the table, peering at me.

20 May Wednesday.

Ah Ma told us about this when we reached home. Jaz didn't like the lunch she was having (parsnips and spinach) so she turned her head when the spoon came. She kept doing this but it didnt work, so in the end she decided to flung her head down on the table, so there's no way they can spoon food into her mouth!!! hahahahaaa!!! so clever... :P

She has a label festish! Noticeable since she turns 6+ months! She likes to find labels or label-like attachments on toys, be in fabric, plastic, Velcro, and she would chew very enthusiastically on it, contented-like. Just like this photo, this is one of the 4 cubes in the toy, but she always search this blue cube out determinedly because that’s the only one with labels. The poor cube doesn’t have a chance.

25 May, she has started to lunge forwards on the playmat in her attempt to reach something in front of her. A sudden lunge that would propel her 10-20 cm forward. Guess it’s a prelude to crawling…

Things she does on the high chair and her jubulent mood in the morning. :)

27 May

The maid carried Jaz out of the room after a failed attempt to make her sleep. Jaz was so happy when I carried her over, that she turned back to smile at the maid, with mouth big big. She did this 3 times, then suddenly shouted distinctly and triumphantly "Ah Dah"! Her first deliberate words?? hehehee!


No comments: