A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Monday, June 22, 2009

All about my 2 darlings in June

**************Jazreel*****************

1 June, Daddy called me on the phone and told me he win again. Turns out Jaz started off by calling Daddy first before Mommy, same like Jovann! Brrrr!!!! Just now when she playing on her back in the living room at Ma Ma place, she suddenly said "pa pa pa pa" for the first time. I am jealous! Hhmmph.

4 June, when she woke up in the night (before our own bedtime again), she was complaining when I got to her cot. At one point, she said "ma ma ma ma" hehehe y heart melted quickly carried her up and soothed her that Mommy's here.

She has been clasping her hands together under her chin, in front of her chest, when she laughs. A adorably unique gesture of hers that’s so girlish and endearing. Hehehe.

The 2 siblings adore each other. In the morning, when they see each other e.g. in her bedroom, she will squeal with delight at her gorgor, smiling at him through the bars of her cot, and he would be calling “meimei…meimei…”, “hello meimei!”, “hello Jazreel….”, "I want to hug meimei……”, sometimes making the cluck clucking sound we sometimes do to play with her, and if she fusses, he will say “orh lah orh lah” in the same way we do when soothing her. Its really warming and cute to see both their eyes light up when they see each other. If Jaz comes to our bed in the morning, Jov will want to bao bao her, and will imitate each and every action that she does like flinging himself down on the bed, down to the squeals and “aaahhhhh!!!” that Jaz makes. At times like this, hubby and I are blissfully contented lying in bed observing the 2 of them playing.

3 kids riding bike.


Jaz has always love having something tickling her face, be it my hair, a pillow case, our small pillow (when playing peekaboo without Jov present), fabric. She will laugh, squeal, and kick her legs so energetically when we do that.

Saturday 6 June 09
**Jaz first time deliberately dropping toys from the high chair. When feeding her, she picked up a toy, lifted it over the edge of the table, and dropped it onto the floor with a crash. She peered down to watch its downward motion. Hehehee…

**She has started rocking on her knees, when on all fours, as if preparing to spring forward 5 metres. Very cute watching her do it, wondering when’s her next action.

**And on the changing table, she loves it when I feign pain or shock when she kick out and her little feet connect with my tummy or chest. I often do that now to soothe her coz now she sometimes fuss when put on the changing table unlike last time.


Photo taken by bo liao Daddy on a Monday (15 June) at home with the kids.


11 June Thursday
She moved into a sitting position from her back all on her own the first time today! She’s 7.5months old. I think the reason why she only did it only now is she has always been quite a contented baby, happy in her position and had no urgent desire to stress herself. To her, the world looks interesting enough from her vantage point on her back or tummy, and of course she has learnt how to sit unsupported since 6mths. But now that she discovered this ability to move from tummy down to sitting up, she soon waste no time lying down. :P Its so fun watching her do it again and again. I missed it the first time, and the 2nd, 3rd time, but eventually saw it on the playmat on an evening when Ah Gong, Ah Ma, and Jovann was all around the mat, watching Jaz. Many times I cheered too early and she lost focus, but eventually she “performed” it for me. :P Her way of doing it is different from Jov, she pushed herself backwards and her 2 legs hardly get stuck under her bum coz they are wide at the sides.

We recently noticed also that she loves shaking her leg, especially her right leg, either when she’s drinking milk, when she’s eating, or sometimes even when she’s being carried. This is so me! When I was young, my parents told me I shake my legs under the table when eating something I enjoy. :P



***************Jovann*********************

15 June 09 Monday
I was wearing the flowing patterned skirt, and when I reached home that day, he touched my skirt, looked up at me, and asked me “Mommy, are you princess?” Awwwww……… I don’t know is it coz he linked princess to flowy ball gowns, or did he just suddenly find me exuding poise and elegance (the latter is highly unlikely, as he was looking more at the skirt than me), but it sure feels good when someone, your own son lagi better, ask you that question. Or am I just hopelessly vain? Ok, humour me. :P


22 June 09 Monday
The past week, he has been bringing his latest favourite book to bed with him. Its the N-Z alphabet workbook which I bought from second hand bookstore near my work place. Its so cheap, but so fun. It has stickers of objects starting with letters N-Z (I can't find the A-M one), big letters with tracing dots for the kids to trace on (he trace with his fingers), and words of objects too. We play "find the word" games with him, and he also love looking for the right picture sticker to go with the word on that page. Its fun to him, so it makes us happy too. For the past 3-4 nights, he's been asking to bring the book to bed with him when I make him sleep. Just last night, Daddy was the one making him sleep again and he wanted to bring the book to bed. Initially Daddy desist, then Jovann told Daddy "Mommy say OK". Heeee....

The same night tonight, he had brought his Bus and sponge into the bathroom with him. He left them in the shower area after he's done with the bath. When being towelled dry by Daddy, he looked towards the shower area and said "B" and "S". Daddy looked confused for a moment, and J repeated "B" and "S". Then Daddy realised that J was telling him Bus and Sponge starts with the letters "B" and "S". Hahaha....

When reading the "When you Give A Mouse A Cookie" book for him tonight (its been a long long time since I read this), he insisted on reading it himself, and he started every 3-4 stories in the book with "Once Upon A Time....", and made up stories as he went. So cute. :)

No comments: