A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Having girls....

People has been asking me what's it like having a boy and a girl, any different?
Yes there are differences. Interestingly, Jaz is very girl girl when she's young now, and there's a marked difference between her behaviour, developments compared to Jovann at the same age.

* Her cognition is more advanced than her gorgor. Jovann in the first 3-4mths of my breastfeeding never looks at me during nursing, think he sees me as a mommy cow. Only at 4th mth did he held my gaze when nursing. Jazreel started gazing at me during nursing the day she turned 1 mth old. She held my gaze for very very long while I sing her a lullaby again and again. That evening was so sweet to me....
* Her fine motor skills are developed at an earlier stage. When she plays with my hair, she fingers it and plays with a few strands, instead of grabbing a huge chunk like her gorgor. But its still painful. :P
* Her gross motor skills however is slightly more relaxed. She don't seemed as eager or hyperactive as her gorgor in exploring/pushing her physical limits.
* Jaz is more manja, loves to lean her head on your shoulder in a sweet dependent gesture. And she does this very often when someone else wants to carry her. She will lean on you, and smile at the person a trifle defiantly yet with a sweet expression.
* She don't smile that readily at strangers, unlike J at this age is smiling at every uncle and auntie he sees. She's more reserved. But she will laugh unreservedly with people she loves. Ah Ma Ah Gong commented that she laughs as loud as me hehe.
* She's very obliging when having her pedis and manis. seemed to enjoy them. :)
* She is more contented and can play on her own for longer periods of time as a newborn compared to her gorgor.
* Sometimes you hardly know when she's hungry. Coz she don't outright wail for milk at all, sometimes just quietly sucking her thumb loudly, and talk to herself in the cot or rocker. Only when you pick her up and she started rooting when I prepare myself then I realise she's hungry. Many times she's like that in the middle of the night, wake up but quietly talk to herself in the cot. Its only when I sleep with her in room that I can hear that she's awake.

I count my blessings every day to have both Jovann and Jazreel. Both of them are so special in their own way.


On 12 June, her stats:
Weight 8.1kg
Height 68cm tall
Head Circumference 45.5cm


22 June She waved for the first time! Bringing her home from ma ma house, and mama was outside the car waving at her. She suddenly brought up her right hand and did a waving action, resembling her hitting the air in front of her enthusiastically. She's waving!! when we praised her, she's so pleased, she did it again. Daddy craned his neck around in his seat to watch her do it, she looks so cute doing it. We are so pleased. :)

23 June, really crawl for the first time. Got distinct, sustained and coordinated forward motion. Yeah! Daddy caught it on video (Tue morning) to show me. :)



Same day, at mama house, Jazreel was lying on the mattress when the rainbow fish CD is playing in the living room. She held up her hands in front of her and did "dancing motions". hehehee....


24 June
It seemed that she suddenly became harder to carry, and more restless and mobile when being carried. She started climbing up our chest when carrying her. hehehe...and struggles more now too. what happened to my sweet contented Jaz?


She has always been babbling to herself, but now even more of her own conversations than ever. with her cute little "ah....ah....babababa...." Daddy fancies that she's calling him when she says that. :P


The best thing about having a girl, is you can doll her up!!!






her Baby Gap swimsuit (2Y) , too big for her yet hehee.

No comments: