A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Jovann's June updates

His new favourite toy. Bought it at Isetan after a high tea with some mommy friends. Coz before I left the house I promised Jov I am going out to buy him a toy, else he refused to let me know. Oh dear, the things I resorted to. So anyway,after the hightea, Auntie Grace insisted I MUST get him a toy, and she spotted this for me coz I was looking for excavators coz J is into green Rex from Animal Mechanicals now! Although Rex is not strictly an excavator...but try telling that to a 3yr old boy. :P

anyway, he loves this! and he assembled it himself. :P NOw he calls it the "yellow Rex". :P That first night he brought it to bed with him. And every morning when he wakes up he will play.

22 June
We were in the bedroom going through his current favourite book, the N-Z workbook I mentioned in an earlier post. We were doing the letter "X", and when I prompted him for what starts with the letter "X", he went ...." mmmmm.....eXcellent!!" hahahahaa..... so funny...

23 June
This is something he's been saying sometimes. Whenever we responded to a conversation with him and said "Me too!", he will cheekily reply us "Me three.....under the tree!".

??? He can make rhymes! hahahaaa....

That night, Daddy was busy working so I made him sleep. He has gotten so used to Daddy putting him to bed these few weeks that he kept asking for Daddy.

Jovann: I want Daddy...
Mommy: Daddy busy tonight ok, Mommy make sleep.
Jovann: I want Daddy make sleep. Mommy lie up there (indicating our adult bed. The person who makes him sleep will usually lie on the floor mattress with him).
Mommy: Mommy make sleep tonight ok?
Jovann: I dont want Mommy make sleep.
Mommy: (made sad face) you don't want Mommy already? *sad*
Jovann: You know I love you OK? BUT I (still) want you to sleep up there.
MOmmy: ??????
24 June
For some reason, he took out the Gymboree bubble blower tonight and ran around the house pretending its an Olympic torch, coz he shoved the blower in all of our faces, and yelled "Fire! Fire!"

Then he suddenly put the thing on his chest, thrusted out his chest towards me, and said "Mommy drink milk!"

Ah ma was looking for tissue, and J wanted to help, saying “我帮你拿tissue", but in the process hit his lips against the corner of the table and got a mild cut. He was so manja, and wanted all of us to sayang him. he even asked me in a tearful voice to hug him and sing twinkle twinkle little star, right there in the middle of the bright living room. I noticed he's been more in need of hugs and assurances laterly. I must be more conscious of this....

Some of the letters he traced on his favourite writing book. The more unsteady ones are his of course.


He wrote the "A" here himself. As he wrote, he muttered "Up....down....across" hehehe like Daddy taught him.

No comments: