A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Jovann's 1st try at Cereals!

10 March

Finally, you didn't spit out the cereal once it enters his mouth. the past 2 days (8, 9 March), Mommy have tried feeding you a bit of Healthy Times Organic Brown Rice Cereal at Ah Gong Ah Ma's place, and you have only swallowed at most 2 baby spoons, refusing the rest. Today, Saturday, Mommy bravely made the cereal again, sure that I will be lucky sooner or later. I made 1 tablespoon worth (1tbs), added about 15ml of expressed breast milk from the fridge (pumped this morning) and you ate it all up! I was so proud, and boasted to Daddy when he came back from buying lunch! I was scrapping the bottom of the bowl already. Clever boy. Will you grow and grow!

My ambitious plan - 1.5tbs tmlw, 2tbs the day after. building up to the recc 3 tbs, where it means I can introduce puree. If I time it just right, you will have your first taste of puree on your 6mths birthday. I so looking forward to the masak masak time.

since you are on cereal feed now, it means your milk intake will be gradually decreasing from now on. That also means, as Mommy will still be pumping more than enough (in case of growth spurts), the freezer will get fuller and fuller. Mommy's story of frozen BM will need to find a home. Its filled to the brim with the Lansinoh milk bags (Mommy believe these are the thickest and bestest!), and there's no space for more if I don't donate.

No comments: