A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Sunday, March 18, 2007

We Celebrate! Jovann is 6Months Old!

He is 6months Old! It is One Hundred and Eighty One (181) Days since the day I was wheeled on the labour ward purple bed, tired (no sleep for past 26 hours), triumphant and proudly cuddling a newborn tiny bundle, into my room 509 in Thomson Medical Hospital. 179 days since I brought him home for the first time, that tiny little baby that made me jerk awake every few minutes so I can make sure that he is still breathing. I was that paranoid then. It seems like just yesterday, yet it seems light years away. The sleepy bundle is now a naughty, noisy 6mths old.

We celebrate!

*******************

~~Jovann~~

The night before, I was put into my new giraffe pyjamas Mommy bought from Mothercare. Around 15mins minutes immediately after I turned 6months, on the 18 March 2007, Mommy came into my room and sang me the birthday song, and kissed me on the forehead.

That morning, I woke up around 8AM plus, and it was Mommy who brought me into the room to feed. Daddy woke up immediately to give me a birthday kiss, and sang birthday song to me as well! Though I don’t really know the reason, but I could feel that today is going to be so special because Mommy Daddy has this secret smile on their faces.

They read a new book to me today, it’s titled Pinnochio and it’s the pop-up version! Mommy also started on Beauty and The Beast, but I was so impatient I kept fussing and grabbing at the pages. Its too wordy for me, not enough pictures for me to see! Mommy didn’t manage to finish reading it.

I played with my toy train on the playmate (which we opened yesterday), it’s a gift from Uncle Edwin and Auntie Jenny for my full month, and I love watching the train go along the playmat with its turning carousel, spinning monkeys/elephants and the many contraptions moving at the same time!

Soon, I was sleepy, so went for my nap from around 10.30am-11.30am.

During this time, Mommy Daddy busied themselves with blowing up balloons for me to play. They just bought a packet of it yesterday, and there's purple, blue, yellow (Mommy fought to blow up this one), pink, red, green, white, beige, so colourful!!!

When I woke up, Daddy Mommy ran to my room and attended to me. I fooled around in my cot and made funny faces for the camera.

Daddy took care of me while Mommy prepared my first every MILK BATH! What a treat!

Mommy thawed 6 Lansinoh bags of Frozen EBM for this bath! She had to change the water twice before its warm enough for me. Meanwhile, the tub is waiting for the milk in the bathroom. I am going to be bathed in the bathroom for the first time! A wise idea, as Mommy thought it’s going to be messy and they cannot afford milk on the paraquet room floor.

Finally, done!

And I was lowered ceremoniously into the tub. I looked wary throughout, more interested in the water and milk this time, I kept lowering my head and Mommy worried I may drink it. Cool! I feel like a king already!

Then I was given a clean water bath with all my new toys! There’s 2 ducklings, 1 tortoise, 2 frogs, 2 goldfish! It’s kinda crowded in here. Oh, and there’s one rooster, though I don’t know what it was doing in the water. They don't swim right?

There I have it! My first milk bath! Which Mommy swore never to do it again as she had FBM all over her and the bathroom floor. She felt yucky and sticky hehee.

Time for my lunch! Mommy had bought a ripe avocado (not easy to find) last night from Shop & Save, prepared to give me as a treat with my cereal, as it will be my first puree.

It don’t look like much, but I kinda like it! Much to Mommy’s satisfaction.





Yewwww......
why did it turned green when it was yellow? Because it oxidised I guess......


Mommy gave me 1/2 of the avocado and I ate it all uP! Mommy couldn't believe it. But its yummy. And it made Mommy felt a bit more confident that I am just a small greedy little piggie like her! easy to feed. hahaha.

After my puree, its balloons time. I lay on the playmat, facinated by the balloons, they are so lovely, I couldn't keep my eyes off them. When put in the bumbo to take photos, I kept stretching myself out to grab one, anyone. Daddy was afraid I may squeeze it too hard with my fingers and my nails may burst one and I may cry. So they were careful to remove them from my pincer-like grasp when I looked too excited.











During my 2nd nap, Mommy Daddy unwrapped my biggest present today! MY LEAPFROG ACTIVITY STATION. oooh.......anticipation......











Daddy sweated buckets after assembling the toy. But when I saw it for the first time, they felt it was ALL worth it! When I woke up, fresh from my nap (my nap today is at most 1.5hrs, I think I knew when the day is too exciting to sleep!), the leapfrog was hidden behind the dining chair, until they were ready to unveil it to me. And my eyes literally WIDENED.


Quick Quick put me doWN NOW!


My first time on the Activity Station, I am a COOL DJ dude!




The microphone was tasty tasty, until I saw the bright ice-cream that is the disco ball.




I was enjoying myself tremendously. If you need further proof, I actually SAID the words "I Like" when Daddy asked me "Jovann, Jovann, do you like the Leapfrog boy?". Click on the video to hear my "first words". :P (remember to up the volume). By the way, the hyena-sounding laughter is from Mommy.

**

**


That evening Daddy Mommy dined at home, Daddy ta-baoed Korean food back so that they can have a quiet meal. I didn't let it be too quiet though, as I was squealing for attention. So they took turns carrying me and playing with me throughout dinner. After dinner, all 3 of us sat at the sofa. The Phantom of the Opera was showing and Mommy wasn't watching, she's playing with me. She sat me on the sofa and sang songs, played games, read to me, and played peekaboo. She let me sit by myself, the technique of which I am quickly mastering! Nice to see the world from this angle. I can support myself for quite long now, and can slowly straighten my back to look up and smile at them.

~~Mommy~~
So many things have happen in these 6months, how he has grown and developed. Nowadays, since he can flip, he tends to be playing by himself in his cot when he wakes up in the morning. Many times, when opening the bedroom door, I see the mop of hair that is so uniquely his, sticking up on his head and refused to stay down, and I know he is awake. When I enter he heard me, and when I called out he will smile at me with that charming smile that melts my heart everytime. But of course, there will be mornings when he is still in deep sleep, and in a totally different position from where I put him down to bed the night before.

Observe where the blanket is, thats where he started off the night before.


I also recently bought the Safety First Potty Seat, which is such a cool device. When I first set it up, I was impressed by the "deflector shield" (coz moments before I was still wondering how to clean up the mess if he pees all over the potty) which is made specially for boys. hehee. Hope he won't come running after me when he grows up and see this photo on his blog. :P Of course, right now when we put him on it he doesn't know how to go yet. Instead, he will give us his signature cheeky grin and smile, despite our enthusiastic efforts at going "NNnngggggggg.........." or "Sssssshhhhhhhh........". Well, guess it takes time.


He has also been eating a lot of his feet. It does taste good, we tried. :P





No comments: