A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Thursday, February 5, 2009

CNY 2009

Our CNY this year is more laid back. Mommy was still on maternity leave, so we took our time to visit the working relatives in that first 2 days, then visited the rest on the 3rd day onwards. In that way, we could breathe better. Past 2 yrs was such a whirlwind rush with me alone Mommy can't imagine what it would be like doing the same with 2 kids this yr. Really tiring I suppose!

This is meimei on CNY morning in her new PJs. :)


Reunion Dinner with Ah Gong Ah Ma, and Lao Gou.


I was coughing badly and had no mood nor appetite to eat much. Auntie T brought me out to walk around in Kiddy Palace while the adults had their dinner. Little Jaz was awake throughout but being her sweet little self.


Reunion Dinner at Ma Ma Gong Gong's place.


大年初一
Our Family


Jovann finally in the chinese mandarin collar suit that Ah Gong bought for him for his 1st CNY in 2007, but it was too big then. :P




Visited Ah Gong Ah Ma first, then Gong gong Mama. Next to Chor Chor's place for snacks and nian gao as we do every year.

Jazreel was in her infant seat almost throughout the visit. She was awake but lying contentedly there. Gong Gong was amazed how gaui she is and went over to play with her.


I went over enthusiastic about the concept of giving mandarin oranges and saying "恭喜发财", and kept on giving and giving until I ran out of oranges. Upon which I will give away the coasters lying on the table.
**

**


Mommy love how I count the oranges. Hee! Now....where did the "elephant" come from?? and now I suddenly tend to skip from 14 to 19!
How I count :'1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, elephant (think I have confused "7" and "11" with the animal with the long trunk and big flappy ears), 12, 13, 14, 19!
**

**

Went back Ah Ma's place for dinner. After meimei and I are asleep, Mommy made a quick trip to Auntie xianzi's place. But she had to quickly drive back when Daddy called her and said meimei was crying.

大年初二




Awwww.....mommy went bonkers dressing Jaz up, such sweet shoes....


Lao Gou's place for lunch. I slept in the car with Daddy while they went up first with meimei. I was still coughing badly then so Daddy Mommy kept me away from the kids.


Our extended "family" including the god-uncles from JB. :P we only meet once a yr during CNY.


We then went with Ah Gong Ah Ma to visit Ma Ma and Gong Gong. Mommy tried to make me sleep there, Daddy tried to make gorgor nap, but both to no avail. So we drove Ah Gong Ah Ma home after that hehee.


That night, we went back to Ma Ma place to meet the relatives there. Meimei was washed up for the 2nd time outside, while chorchor's watching tv. After this experience (meimei woke up a few times that night), Mommy begged Daddy to remind her NOT to do this ever again!

大年初三
Daddy Mommy left me at Ah Ma's place (coz I coughing) and brought meimei to MeiMei yipo's house, following by my great grandfather's place. They made a trip to Vivocity too, to buy a cute bookcase for me! Mommy so happy she found such a nice bookcase at such a price.


We went to Uncle Richards place to drop off a belated gift for his newborn. Then to Dua Pek's house to visit.


Dua Mm with baby Taylon who is borned a DAY after Jazreel.


大年初四
Mommy decided to cook a quick lunch with the ingredients they stocked up for CNY.


Went Funan as Daddy wanted to buy the new VAIO. :P Then to my god ah ma's place!

Whew, and that more or less completes our visiting this yr! Only left granduncle's place to go! and thats in BP so no sweat.

大年初七
So fun! Today meimei met Adele and Spencer at Scrumptious Cafe. As I am still coughing, again Mommy felt I better don't go as I will have better rest at Ah Ma's place and there's young kids at the cafe too. She was rather dissapointed coz she's been wanting to bring me to Scrumptious for some time but they always close at 6pm.



Little Adele


Can kinda tell Mommy was drooling over the multicoloured icecream when she took this pic.




There was a cute kiddy table complete with chairs in the cafe.


Jazreel making her appearance


Her hairband never fails to bring a smile to the adults face.


大年初八
We made muffins!



Scooping the mixture into the tray.




I was busy putting the colourful candy bits into into my mouth...



Guess what happens when the muffins were done? I didn't wanna eat! How Mommy fumed....

大年初九
Granduncle's place in BP. Mommy went alone with meimei.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how u made the muffin?