A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Jovann!

18 Sept Today is the actual day I turn 2! :)

These are my lovely presents from my birthday party! Thank you Aunties and Uncles!!! :)


Mommy Daddy took leave today to bring me out to do the things they know I will enjoy.

In the morning, Mommy fed my breakfast, and my lunch was cooked and packed, and we set off to FIDGETS at Turf City. Its a place Mommy has always wanted to bring me after reading about it in Auntie June's blog, but the last time she tried, it was after 6pm and they were closing. :(

Today I managed to go! Its a cool place! we even have place to put our shoes.



Daddy introduced me to the Little Fidgets area first. I was quite hesitant with the playground, not daring to step on the netting even after much persuasion. Only when Daddy went under the netting and placed his head underneath, then I was willing to step across, on Daddy's face, hahaha. Even so, surprisingly, I lost interest after one round, and attacked the 2 toy cars there instead.





Mommy and Daddy had a little breakfast at the cafe nearby, then brought me over to the bigger play area, where there were LOTSA colourful balls, and the self cleaning system Auntie June was talking about! It was fun, after getting the hang of it, I keep on asking Mommy to carry me so I can put the balls inside the bulls-eye and see them coming out one by one in the chute hehe! 3 cute Korean kids came and joined us in the play area, and they zoomed down the slides happily. Daddy climbed up the huge slide with me, and dropped me from the top, with Mommy apprehensively getting ready to catch me when I come down. Both Daddy Mommy were very scared that I may get scared and leaned forward when zooming down, and fall, but they didn't vocalise their fear. Daddy just dropped me gingerly, and Mommy leaned as far up as she could. When I come zooming down, I had this "Uh-oh, what have I got myself into" look on my face. Luckily, I didn't lean forward, but when I reached the bottom, I had this super stunned look on my face. Mommy clapped her hands and cheered, and I stood up and gave a big grin to the Korean Mommy proudly. Hahaa....Daddy Mommy only then breathed a sigh of relief.

Daddy showing me how to put the balls in..




I had a fun time in the ball pit, throwing balls and laughing. Daddy pushed me onto my back a couple of times, and cover me with balls and I got up laughing in glee.







Only too soon, it was getting late. Mommy wanted to bring me to the zoo in time for the pony ride at 11am, so we gotta leave soon. Auntie June, DN, Auntie Ling and Sophie were oredi there, and they were helping Mommy get the pony ride tickets! Mommy persuaded me to leave FIDGETS by telling me we are going to see elephants. And I willingly climb out of the play area, and on the way to the Zoo kept chanting "See elephants! see elephants!".

Sophie and DN just finished feeding the kangaroos when we reached there. I was only allowed to pat the kangaroos, which I didn't want to. The kangaroo hopped away before I can pluck up my courage hehee.



Mommy is not sure if I dare to ride the pony called Buddy, and sure enough, I didn't want to. Even after much coaxing, and asking me to pat the pony, I refused. The uncle was very nice, saying we can refund the ticket price at the booth.


He spent some time sharing with us things about ponies. Did you know that you are not supposed to pat/touch horses at the rumps? Coz its the blindspot in their line of sight, and they get nervous when ppl touch them there and may hurt you. I learn something today! Sophie and DN were very brave, both patted Buddy although they didn't wanna ride him.




The pony uncle even sang a birthday song for Jovann. :)
**

**

We then went to have lunch at the Forest Fare. Mommy had nasi lemak and Daddy mee goreng. While me? I refused my porridge, and only ate a few token mouthfuls of Auntie June's fried rice and fried bee hoon. For some reason, I am very taken to her, and kept asking her to carry me. I even refused Mommy at one point of time!

Elephant Ride
Initially I said no when Daddy asked me if I wish to ride elephant. Only when I saw ppl getting onto the elephang then I got interested and I nodded my head yes when he asked again.So we got into the queue and Mommy went to buy tickets!


Auntie June, who refused to get onto the elephant ride coz she remembers her experience on one when she was younger, had to overcome her disgust/fear of it when DN said he wants to ride too! Poor Auntie June was so brave, she got onto the elephant saddle behind us, then happily proceeded to take a lot of photos hehee...





**

**









Watching fishes. Sophie looked so sweet with the little red umbrella!


DN and Sophie went home after this. We proceeded home for a nap to recharge too. When I woke up, Mommy cooked me my birthday mee sua. :)





But I refused to eat...sigh...I actually said "no mum mum!" when they tried to put me into the highchair. Mommy packed it into Tiger food jar to bring out as my dinner.

Off to Swimming at Seletar Country Club! I have been here to swim only when still in Mommy's tummy. She remembered she swam here and got many braxton hicks during the swim hehehe. Today, the pool was nearly empty! There was only a jie jie there with her parents. I had a lot of fun here, laughing and splashing once I got into the water in the baby pool.


We spent only 10mins there before Daddy brought me into the adult pool's medium depth area, where I splashed and laughed and "chased" daddy all over the pool. Mommy Daddy felt so happy that I am enjoying myself, we had so much fun we didn't take much photos, heheee..... at one point of time, music was blasting from the speakers at the poolside as there was a function going on, and I started swaying to the music.











I caught sight of the jie jie at one point and saw she had a ball with her. I kept saying "ball ball ball!" and Mommy in the end went up to her to ask if I could play the ball with us. She's so sweet passed the ball immediately to me. We played passing the ball between jie jie and me for some time.



Daddy brought me on 3 more rides on the water slide before washing up for dinner. :)
WWWwweeeeEEEEE!!!!!


**

**

No comments: