A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Monday, September 22, 2008

Updates on Gor Gor and Mei Mei

More Updates on Jovann and his mei mei.

Little princess is 35 weeks now. :) Previous checkup at 34/35 weeks she's weighing well, Gynae said she will be bigger than her gor gor at birth. This little one is really more active at night. The past 2 nights when I am up working on my laptop around 10-12midnight, she is kicking and moving and pushing. I told her when she come out, she has to learn to differentiate night from day like her gor gor...hehe...

I am refraining from buying ANY MORE clothes for her hehee. Its really satisfying to see the new IKEA wardrobe filling up with her newly washed clothes, nicely folded. Have also finally gotten my act together and STARTED packing my hospital bag. 2 years ago, my bag was already nearly ready at this time, as I started packing at 7mths. This time, I only packed this past weekend, at 35 weeks. But I am bringing less things this time, coz from experience there's quite a few items we won't need. Its really fun packing hehe. :)

More about Jovann Gor Gor

o He says "fump! fump! fump!" whenever he's jumping.
o That day on the way to sending me to work (15 sept), he saw a motorbike, and
he said "motorbike....motorbike....where you going??"
o Nowadays when he wakes up, he will say "Daddy...make milk...Fofan...please". and this morning, after his "please", he said "bye bye" to Daddy indicating he can go now to make the milk hehe.
o He can finally say "daddy, change (shane) song (fong) please.
o He laughs very PR-ly when something's funny. super farnie on his birthday
party in response to June.
o That day, when i sms daddy to ask is he coming to fetch me, he called and
Jovann said "fetching Mommy!" into the phone! he sounded so happy, its so
nice to anticipate him coming to fetch me. :)
o 15 sept, we brought him to Madonalds, and he kept saying "Macdonalds"! even when we went out of the house to fetch me to work, he
said "going Macdonalds!".
o He's been refusing his food, sometimes going without one meal, not even a single spoon of it. And he don't snack, so no chance of filling him up in between meals. So worried about his weight and nutrient levels...sigh....have sought advice from friends, from PD, from parenting instructor...
o At Ma ma place today, he hasnt seen them for a week as Ma Ma was sick last week. He ran up the steps to their bedroom, banged on their door and called for them! Once in the room, he ran amok like a little hurricane, "fumping" on the bed, on Gong Gong, everywhere. He was that happy to see them.
o Hubby said he climbed up and down the stairs today 3 times, each time counting the number of steps, but getting it all different at every attempt coz he goes "one, two, fhwee....one two fhwee four......nine ten elephen twelve thirteen fourteen fifteen!!!!
o He has been throwing quite a bit of thantrums...sometimes screaming all the way from outside till we reached home.
o This morning when I leaving the car to go work, I told him "mommy go work". But today he said "no no, no work!" and started protesting and refusing me to leave. Daddy then told him "Mommy don't work no money to buy toys for you" and I added "If mommy don't work we can't go swimming". And immediately he said "Mommy go work! BYE BYE!". Hahaha talk about being realistic.
o He also loves to dance to music, and I love watching him...
**

**

o He has a new favourite toy, his Thomas & Friends Big Loader that we bought for him for his birthday. This toy is cool, its so nolstagic coz I rem having a toy of the same configuration when I was a child. In this version, Percy loaded himself up with ball bearings, and proceeded to dump them somewhere. Not sure if its deliberate, but this caused the ball bearings to go all over the floor. Thomas then came along, activates the truck and scooped up the ball bearings, which Thomas will then carry and put them back properly in the original place. (I don't understand half of what I am saying, I think I am not making at all sense with the description above as I am hopeless in construction terms. Just see the video lah....)
**

**

o He needs comfort items recently....he will go into the kitchen and grab 1-2 metal teaspoons and hold them in his hands while he go about playing or watching tv. At one point of time, he was obsessed with his purple plastic fork and must hold it in his hands once he reach home. When myself or the maid is feeding him his nightly cod liver oil, he will ask to hold another spoon in his hand, and it MUST be the spoon thats similar to the one we using to feed him. He won't eat his cod liver oil unless he holds that spoon in his hand. Its really weird. On the day of his birthday, he insisted on holding the GAIA Baby lotion bottle at night when he drinks milk, brush teeth, and go to bed. Same for next night. The following night however, he changed it to the Natures Gate organic baby lotion. Either way, he insisted I use that to massage for him instead of the Buds Baby one I was using. He also grew attached to his small pillow with the pillow case of a butterfly on it. He kept pointing and saying "butterfly". one afternoon before his nap he realise the cover has been changed, he threw a fuss and kept asking for "butterfly, butterfly!!!" until Daddy had to go dig in the laundry basket for the pillow case and put it back on just for that nap. Later on, he told J butterfly had to go take a bath.
o For some reason, he has been saying "bicycle...oh! bicycle....oh! bicycle....oh!" on and on and on once afternoon, at the same time, riding Daddy on his tummy and bouncing up and down hehehe....

No comments: