A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Monday, January 14, 2008

Bedtime, lights out

Today is Monday 14 Jan 2008.

We used to ...

...feed you your night milk feed with 2 bedside lamps on, casting a warm soft glow in the masterbedroom.
...brushing your teeth, cleaning it with cloth...
...switch off one bedside lamp, leaving only one one
...putting you into sleeping bag and ...
...spending the next back breaking 1 hour trying to make you sleep.
..most of the time, you will be sitting up in bed cheekily, pulling my hair, sayaning me, poking me in the leg when i lie down beside you....you get the pic.

and then...one day....eureka! I have always been wondering what I am doing wrong. I have made sure I kicked off your bad habit of nursing to sleep by dropping your night feed first. We have made sure you have a bedtime routine since 1 mths old. you have slept through the night since before 4 months...I have made sure all soft voices when bedtime starts, soft lights, spa music. so what are we doing wrong that you need to torture me for an hour, sometimes more before you will fall asleep?

so now...mommy has changed some things since 11 Jan 2008, Friday...

...feed you your night milk feed with only 1 bedside lamp on, casting a even softer glow in the masterbedroom.
...brushing your teeth, cleaning it with cloth...
...switch off the last bedside lamp, leaving only a dim light from the bathroom (even this is tuned to the DIMMEST). The room is now so dark you cannot see our wedding photo collage which you will sometimes point at happily at night.
...putting you into sleeping bag and ...
...carrying you for 5 mins, not rocking.
... putting you in bed when you indicated so.
.. getting into bed and pretend to sleep (i have done it before but it don't seem to work as well as now)
...sometimes reaching out a hand to pat your bottom..
...you will drift into dreamland within 30mins. thats a record already. During this 30mins, you may get up a few times, passing me your bolster, as if you worried my huge bolster is not comforting enough for me. if i take your bolster, you will pass me another bolster, then your pillow. darling, then what will that leave you with? But I needn't worry, coz after you pass me all of it, you realised you want it back, and will ask me for it until i give them all back.
...on the 4th night, you took 15mins to fall asleep. You fell asleep on MOnday 14 Jan at 9.18pm.
... :)

YEAH!

*cross fingers*

No comments: