A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

First Time to Sentosa

Sentosa ...

Mommy has been wanting to bring me there, especially after hearing how walking barefoot on sand and grass will help me develop my stability in walking, and after seeing photos of my friends playing happily with sand. She went to buy 2 sets of nice sand toys for me, all in anticipation of my first sentosa trip.

So on the 17th Dec, Daddy Mommy set off for Sentosa with me around 1pm plus. They know they recently the weather has been unpredictable, but it seemed rather well today so they wanna try their luck. However, when our car approached the gates of Sentosa at around 2pm, the sky has rapidly darkened and rain started pitter pattering on our windscreen! They had to make a last min decision, and Daddy swerved the car around to head towards VivoCity instead. So we spent one whole fun afternoon at Vivocity, that was when we took the comparison photos in front of ToysRus. :)

The next day, they didn't give up. They decided this time to leave before my lunch instead. So Mommy quickly cooked my lunch, they packed my bags and left with me whom is about nap my afternoon nap. I napped in the car, and Daddy Mommy excitedly approached Sentosa this time with the sun still blazing brightly. Alls Well! YES!

We parked at the Beach Carpark, and ate at Sakae Sushi. We couldn't find the restaurant a nice lady assistant at the nearby souvenior shop (where they bought a nice blue cap for me) guided us there. After a nice but noisy meal, they excitedly left the restaurant, quickly set up their newly bought bright orange poncho on the nice sand right infront of the restaurant, laid the toys out, and bags down, took off my shoes and socks, and sat down with me in the sand. Then, the most unexpected thing happened!!! I CRIED! and cried and cried, and retracted my legs and cried somemore. Mommy realised I hated the feeling of sand on my feet and carried me up. For the next 15mins or so, they tried all ways and means to get me to accept the feeling, distracting me with sand toys, Daddy bringing me to the water's edge to play, letting me step on sand through the poncho, through socks, through shoes, none of it works! I cried pitifully once I get near and I know they are putting me down. Daddy got so heartpained of me crying he asked Mommy to bring me far far away while he packed our stuff to leave the beach. There goes Mommy's dreams of watching me build sand castles.

What they did not expect, is that for the REST of the day at Sentosa, I REFUSED TO WALK! what had started off as an adventure to improve my walking skills has caused me to be afraid of walking, and Mommy got so worried as they are concerned if this fear is permanent. I simply refused to be put down onto the floor, and especially when we visited UnderWater World later, I whined when I go near soil or sand look-alike ground, and will stare warily at it. Oh dear.... and later, I just clinged to them without letting go and refused to step on the floor to walk. Daddy Mommy were so tired carrying me. But they were more worried of the repurcussions.

Fortunately, I did enjoy the Sentosa Trip despite this. I LOVE sitting on the bus!! I get so excited I kept leaning forward to grab the bars in front, and make a lot of happy noise and baby talk, and smiled at everyone whom I see, and obligingly waved at everyone too. Both bus trips in Sentosa, I was at my happiest. At Underwater world, I enjoyed the fish watching, esp the underwater tunnel, that was FUN!

**

**

No comments: