A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Falling Sick

Falling Sick - 9 July 2008

Been feeling under the weather past few days, ever since Sunday. Suspect Jovann passed a virus to me as he had a fever last Wed, which went away within a day, but he started having runny nose on Friday and Saturday. That’s why we couldn’t bring him to Julia Gabriel (which is a blessing in disguise, coz JG called and informed us a kid from his adjacent class came down with HFMD after the class, and anyway the water play was cancelled coz it was raining). Anyway, Jovann’s runny nose stopped running on Sunday. But on Sunday, when I felt a sore throat, I started downing myself with lotsa water, salt gurgle (I gurgle before I sleep and leave a cup of it near the bathroom for when I wake up at night and in the morning), eat lotsa cooling fruits like watermelon, asked my mum to stop brewing herbs this week, and drank luo han guo drink. 2days later, though the sympthoms didn’t get worse, but it didn’t get better either. I cannot afford to fall really sick with flu else I will have to take medication that is not good for baby. So on Wed, I went to see GP, who said I have mild viral infection, gave me some safe medication to reduce the inflammation, and an MC to rest at home. Initially, had wanted to go to work to settle some issues before coming home to rest, but hubby insisted I better rest at home as it defeats the purpose of the MC if I go to work.

So I reached home at 10am, called up the office to settle some issues, and fell asleep at 10.30am. Thought of setting up handphone alarm but decided to let my body rest as much as it needs to. The next thing I know, it was 3.20pm when I woke up! One of the longest nap I have ever taken!!! Gosh! I must have been really tired without knowing it! I even missed lunch! I quickly prepared quick snack of Post Maple Nut Crunch with milk, then called up office, and settled some work issues through some emails. And it was time for hubby to reach home and off we go to interview maids again.

Sigh….so far, no luck on maids…….it really depends on luck isn’t it?? Sigh…. I really need a maid. Though in the 2nd trimester now and able to cope better than 1st trimester, but I miss being able to nap in the afternoon and leave the house to the maid. Now, I barely can nap as there’s things to wash and things to tidy and clean. On Saturday, felt so tired I actually napped 1.5 hours with Jovann without planning to. Then I jumped up to prepare his dinner when he woke up. Poor boy has been having late lunches and dinners recently.


No comments: