A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Need to Remember...

I think my brain cells are almost gone, just this afternoon a few friends were talking about cupcakes. That spurred me to try to recall where was Jovann's 1st birthday cupcakes from....but I think and think and I ...CANNOT REMEMBER! After researching so much on cupcakes, spent so much on cupcakes, eaten so yummy a cupcake, recieved so much nice feedback on the cupcakes, and now I cannot remember! Am I getting old???

No...wait...I nearly forgot....I am Pwegnant.

Thats an excuse for almost anything isn't it? Hhmmm...... Arrrrgghhh!!! Brain cells!

So, thank heavens for Blogs. Its a place for me to jot down the teeeenist detail about my little boy which I would otherwise forget later on. Like what is his favourite alphabet....when did he start learning the numbers....the first time he ask hubby and me to kiss (yes J asked us to kiss, funny right?)......

* Last weekend (26, 27 July), the Teo family was enjoying their fav past time, lazing on the bed with J freshly awake. Enjoying hugging, frolicking and kissing J all over as usual. A lot of giggles and laughter. J nowadays love to look for me in the bed, calling Mommy Mommy Mommy all the time. Hubby complained that 80% of his words comprise of "Mommy". That day, J suddenly keep on kissing me, by holding my face between his hands, and kissing me gently on the mouth. He has done that before, but this weekend he did it even more. Again and again. it was super sweet. Daddy asked him to kiss him too, but he only did that a few times then stopped. Instead, J suddenly asked us to "Mommy, Daddy, Kiss!" (Only he says "Diss!"). He had to repeat that a few times before we were sure we understood him. So we hugged and pretend to kiss, peeping at J out of the corner of our eyes. And he was smiling! smiling in a very contented way, with a happy look on his face. He didn't even try to separate us like he used to last time. When we broke apart, J crawled towards me, hold my face between his hands again, and kissed me a few times. This cycle repeats itself quite a few times that day...hehee it was super cute. Wonder what he's thinking of.

* 21 July, at mama's place, when I came home from work, hubby showed me how J can recognise and call out all 26 letters of the alphabet when pointed out to him on the alphabet puzzle I bought some time ago from Toys A Rus. So proud of him! Same for the bath alphabets too. Even the "R", and the difference between "M" and "N". The one that sent me into hysterics is his "W", which he pronounced "Da-der-you"! Hahaha...lovely. oh btw, his favourite letter is "B". Its the first letter he learn how to pronounce, and the letter he loves to point to, even now. Its also the favourite bath letter that sometimes he will clutch in his hands when hubby bring him out of the bathroom.

* Jovann loves swimming, and after those few weeks when we stayed off aquaducks, he's been fetching his swimming trunks from the room and showing it to me, saying "swimming". Then last Sunday, Daddy told him we going swimming, and he ran all the way to the kitchen, where I was washing dishes, called me and told me "Mommy!!! Going swimming!" I said yes we are going swimming darling, and he nod his head happily and ran back to the living room hehe.

* 22 July. He finally pronounced his name right! He used to reply with "Fo-fann" or lately "Sho-fann" when we asked him what's his name. Today he finally said "Jovann! Also been teaching him to take off his shorts himself. Will take some time but he can do it...slowly...hehehe..

* 25 July. Hubby told me J could chant off numbers 1-10 faster than the lift LCD display when going up to Ah Gong Ah Ma's house. 29 July, he did it again, from 1-13 this time! That night, when drinking his milk, he asked me "Mommy read book". I think that was his longest sentence he said so far. I was so pleased I jumped up immediately to let him choose a book.

* 28 July. After thinking about it for a day, hubby and I finally came up with an idea how to get J to choose his birthday theme this year! I collected pictures of 7 of his frequently watched cartoons from Playhouse Disney. Bought a set of plain sticker labels from Popular. And printed these pictures out! On Monday, Hubby cut out the 7 pictures, showed all to Jovann twice as an "orientation" and get Jovann to choose his favourite! I was expecting him to choose Thomas and Pocoyo, coz he seemed to love Pocoyo, and had been chanting "mas mas" when I asked him does he like Thomas or Pocoyo. He actually chose "Thomas" 3 out of 3 times! 2nd choice was Bob. 3rd choice, he chose "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" but said "Manny" instead. HHmmm.....funny boy. Hubby still scratching his head how did J develop his love of Thomas when the cartoon seldom show during his awake times. I guess its a thing boys have for engines? cars and trains....hmph. hehehe!!!


When having breakfast this same morning at home, I had just finished my bread and Jovann wants me to play with him the badminton/tennis rackets. He pushed my butt off the chair and said "起来!”

* 27 July. Silly Auntie Brenda. Ever since we showed her yesterday on the way to JG that J tends to pronouce "T" as "F", especially "Truck", she has been asking Jovann the same question "Jovann, where's the truck, where's the truck???" just so she can get to hear some unintended vulgarity from him. Hmmph! But it was seriously super funny just hearing him say it hehehehe! As it happens, there was a truck parked at Aquaducks that day, so he said, with apparent relish and happiness so like him "Truck, there!" The adults was rolling on the ground.

1 comment:

Littlegastronomy said...

Well it's only going to be weeks while he entertains us with his 'Fruck' so let me laugh la.. heehee.. so cute whenever I think about how he says it!