A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jovann's Friday Morning

11 July

I am 24-25 weeks pregnant, and today brought J to my gynae check up a 2nd time. He had his breakfast at Delifrance, where he quite guai and fork-feed himself with scrambled eggs. After breakfast, we checked out the OCBC booth and signed up the Mighty Savers Account for Jovann. Jovann himself was exploring the rack of books on sale, and he discovered some of the books that comes with a box of accompanying character toys (this book is a book on cars so the toys are small toy cars) and a playmat for the toys, and kept asking me to “open this, open this, open this”. I told him Mommy cannot open this coz its not ours, and hubby came over and asked Jovann to thank Mommy for buying for him. I asked J if he wants me to buy it, he replied “Ah!” and nodded vigorously, eyes lighting up. With some prompting from hubby, Jovann kissed us in thanks hahaha. Aiyoh, I know this is not the right way to encourage toys-buying, but I am kinda interested in this book, looks interesting.

Back in the clinic, I had to be the one running after him coz if hubby do it, J will scream for me and risk disturbing the rest of the mommies. Today, he spent most of his time stepping up and down the weighing machine, pretending to take his weight, but actually just for the sake of touching the cool cool machine. According to the machine, he weighs 12.1kg now…hmmm…that’s heavier than when we weight him at home.

He also busied himself with the kitchen play set in the clinic, cooking stew and frying stuff, taking things in and out of the refrigerator and microwave and pressing the microwave buttons (he must have observed us doing that at home). Prompted by me, he also took a tray of his questionable stew to Daddy and asked him to eat. While carrying the tray, he was concentrating on balancing it and at the same time chanting “Daddy eat …daddy eat …daddy eat”, hehee so cute.

When returning the stuff to the kitchen...

***


***

As usual, find the check-up much shorter than the waiting time. Jovann saw mei mei for the 2nd time on the scan, and he must have felt it strange to see me lying there, and his eyes kept looking from me to the screen, and calling “mommy…..mommy”. Our little girl is growing… :)

Jovann is so sticky to me nowadays, hubby has started calling him “Mommy’s Boy” and my parents and even strangers are observant enough to comment that he is sticky to me. Gynae said I should stop carrying him when I feel uncomfortable doing so......but right now I cannot imagine not carrying him. When we reach home now, as J is the one who “opens” the door (read – put the key inside the locks), he will walk to the living room cabinet and put the keys ontop, then promptly search out his FP toy car/bus, sit on it and zoom around the house on it, mainly following me into and out of rooms. If I close the bedroom door, he will bang on it calling “Mommy mommy!” until I come out. I am the only one he allows to bathe for him, refusing to let hubby shower him and pushing him out of the bathroom if he tries. Even though he lets hubby carry him out of the bathroom when he’s done, he will keep on calling for me from the changing table while hubby dries up for him and puts on night diapers. When I reach him, he will pat his body with his hands and say “Dub dub, dub dub!” by way of asking for his nightly massage (I chant/sing rub-a-dub-dub when I massage him).

This is out of context, but there was one funny night when I was carrying him a while before putting him into his cot, when he was resting his head on my shoulders for a few minutes. It was a quiet time, the room was dark, and he should be feeling sleepy. But he suddenly lifted his head, raised both arms and started dancing, swaying and wriggling in my arms. I had to control my impulse to laugh, and merely smiled at him and asked him to dance another day, now is sleeping time. It was so funny, how such urges overtake him and he just dance with such a cheeky look on his face, swaying quite sexily hehehe. He asked for water, and when holding the bottle with one hand, the other hand was still waving around in his dance moves.

No comments: