A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Wan, Two, Fhwee…..?

Wan, Two, Fhwee…..?

15 July

Jovann can count! Few weeks ago, when reading to him the Potty Book for Boys, he already showed me he can identify and pronounce the numbers from 1 to 6. Then on Tuesday (15 July), he read out the numbers on the lift going down from my parents’ place that night, then counted up as we took the lift up to our own home. When he counted back “….14, 13, 12, 11” however, he only read the “4, 3, 2 and 1” and not the “-teen” behind hehee. But that’s good enough for me! We simply love his pronounciation, so super baby-ish and him and cutie!

He says: Wan, Two, Fhwee, Four, Fie, Six, Feven, Egg, Nine, Ten! And “Nineteen (19) ” too hehee.

Sometimes, at this age, I just don’t wish to be too concerned if his pronounciation is a bit off. Coz isn’t this part of growing up, of enjoying his baby hood? Oh sorry, toddlerhood already. :( He’s growing up so fast. If I worry myself over his pronounciation, then I won’t get to enjoy his Wan, Two, Fhwee. Sooner or late, he is going to be old enough to chide MY English. :( Then I will miss his “Eh-fant” (elephant), “Abu” (open), “dat dat” (scared scared), “dar” (car), “Foh-fan” (Jovann)….and the list goes on….

One fine day:

Me: (excitedly pointing at passing vehicles) that’s a “Car” Jovann, say “Cccccc…AR”.

J : (scornful look) Mom. That’s a “Taxi”. Can’t you see the “On-call” sign?

Me: ……………………………:(


************************************************

But for now....here's what I wish to remember....

sorry for his soft voice, you have to strain to hear the 2nd part coz he wasn't sure how to read 11-18 hahahaa...

***


***

No comments: