A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Friday, April 17, 2009

Daddy close your mouth

Bought 2 more puzzles yesterday for Jovann. He was excited about guessing what's behind my back when I reached home. Then he insisted on playing the aeroplane puzzle. When he's fixing it, trying to find the correct new pieces, Daddy pretended to say "I see it...I see it...can you see it??". And Jovann replied "Daddy, stop talking...."....then when Daddy continued trying to disturb him "There....there....!", J repeated "Daddy, I say stop talking....close your mouth.....".

Can't help it, I burst out laughing. Daddy really stopped talking, for 10seconds, then pretended to struggle to remain quiet, which made J laugh.
He loves his aeroplane puzzle too. :)

Jovann's recent puzzle craze..

***************************
(Jovann has these 2 books with titles "You Are Special, Little One" and "I Love You". The 1st book shows all the animal parents telling their little ones in the many ways he/she is special to them, while the 2nd book has 5 little stories on all the ways parents show their unconditional love for their child. I bought them around the time when Jaz was born because I feel these loving books will help Jovann in his self discovery through those challenging times when he's starting school and learning to accept a new sibling).


Later last night, Daddy was putting him to bed, and J asked for one of the books. "Daddy, I want Special..." The "You Are Special, Little One" book was outside, so Daddy said "Tomorrow ok? Tonight Daddy read "I Love You" book."

After reading some books, it was brush teeth then lights out. In the dark, J suddenly turned around and asked "Daddy, how you love me?".

And Daddy replied, "I love you for your cheekiness, I love your affection, I love your 'AKA', I love you even when you are naughty, I love your laughter....."

J considered for a while, then asked again "Daddy how you love me?", and Daddy told Jovann again all the little ways in which he holds a place in his heart.

I find that such a sweet way to end a busy day...

No comments: