A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Jazreel's 6months!

Jazreel turned 6months old on 26 April. Its a Sunday!
True to the tradition of how babies in our family turn 6mths (eerrr.... so far only Jovann lah), I treated the 6mth old princess to a milk bath. :) Hehehe!


She was fussing when we put in, coz its one of the rare times we bathed her in the bathroom, and also the first time the bath water is white. But once she's in the water and realised it feels nicely warm and watery, she relaxed and enjoyed herself tremendously. There's 3 little new sailboats bobbing in the milky depths.


Fresh after her bath, I placed her on the bed to let her practise sitting. Today she can balance so well! She will wobble precariously, sometimes finding her balance by pushing herself on the pillow beside her, sometimes falling backwards with a smile hehe. Love the way she wobbles.




Next, balloons galore!!! Daddy blewed up these balloons, and after I sat Jaz down in her bumbo, Jovann happily helped me carried all the balloons from the tv area to this cosy corner for meimei. one by one. Then helped her play with them. Jaz wanting to grab the pretty coloured balloons to have a munch.







I started her on solids yesterday, so today is her 2nd time enjoying it. Its 3 tbps today, and she finished all of it again!


Off we go to Lucas full month!

The peranakan spread was yummy, and I fed Jovann his food while Jaz lie contentedly in her infant carrier. Auntie Hanzi came to play with her after a while, and chided her for being so unladylike with her legs. Heee...




I took this 2 lovely photos of Daddy and kids. Eh, not easy to get both of them looking and smiling at the cam at the same time leh.




That night, we ordered pizza delivery as we wanted to watch the Star Awards hehee. After dinner, Jaz and Jov played balloons together, with me carrying Jaz to hit the floating balloons with her hands. She enjoyed it, but I later realised she loved laughing at gor gor play with the balloons without me doing anything. She chuckled and gurgled and squealed with delight hehe.
***

***


Jazreel wobbling on the sofa tonight.
***












***

She's 7.6kg today.Daddy weighed her. :)

Daddy also took a photo of her thunder thighs earlier today when playing with her on our bed.


Daddy playing catch-the-caterpillar with her to make her crawl. She has been making this free style swim stroke, or what babycentre calls the tumbleweed motion, for 2 weeks now.She started it 2 weekends ago, when she could, by way of rolling left and right seemingly at leisure, she could read a toy placed a distance away on the bed or playmat. Her gorgor started with this too before crawling. ;)


She's really really kaypoh. I cannot nurse her outside when there's distracting things for her to see. Even if we are in an empty room, she will cran her neck and arch her back to look around her and observe her surroundings with curious eyes. If I wish to nurse her, I usually will have to do it in the privacy of the car, and sometimes even need a nursing bib to cover her inquisitive eyes. Else I risk getting exposed.

This is what she usually do.


When she's 4.5mths, she has started on 180ml of milk per feed for the 3 EBM bottle feeds a day. And around 2 weeks before she turned 6mths, I increased her bottle to 200ml per feed and she can finish it sometimes. I still has not idea how much she latch from me in the morning and at night, though I am guessing around 80-120ml (morning) and 200ml at night.
My pumping amount in the morning is still 200-240ml and at each of the 2 work pumps around 180-200ml.

She no longer fall asleep quietly on her own at night. :( Now around 10-15mins after putting her down, she will wake up and cry. At this time, she will ask for only me, and don't want hubby or the maid for some reason. She will stop crying once I carry her over. After some soothing she will go back to sleep. Though I wonder what changed, I do treasure this night soothing time hen I feel so needed.

She used to be able to sleep 12hours straight at night from 9pm-9am remember? Now she wakes up earlier, around 7plus am, making her nighttime sleep down to 10hrs. Her nap still remains around thrice a day on weekends though, ranging fronm 1-2hours each.

For some reason, she hates pumpkins!

She is also so used to sleeping alone in her own cot she can't sleep well when in the room with us betw hubby and me. I try to do this on weekends, but end up all of us don't sleep well as a result. Heee.

She also has her gorgor's cheeky smile, and seems to be starting to bully him by kicking him, pulling his hair etc. But gorgor don't mind. Sometimes he asked "I want meimei kick me" and laughs when she does that.

1 comment:

A Common Singaporean said...

I can tell Jovann is playing big brother now!!

Jazreel is a blend of her mum's good looks and dad's chubbiness.

Happy family Sam & Weiping!