A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Orientation Day

Orientation Day


Today marks a significant milestone in Jovann's and our life. Hubby felt it most keenly. It's the orientation day for Jovann's pre-nursery education. He is starting SCHOOL! *sob sob*. He has grown up. :(

I feel so sad whenever I think of my innocent little boy starting SCHOOL. I mean, this means the start of a long long education lasting all the way to UNI! OMG. thats scary....for him.....isn't it? But fortunately, or so I consoled myself by saying, much of pre-school education focus more on having fun than learning letters. Although part of me wonder oh-no-does-that-mean-he-wun-be-prepped-sufficiently-for-P1???? but the other part of me feels glad at least he will have LOTSA fun before delving into the real life of academics education, whenever that may be, kindergarten 2 or primary school. I also feel glad his first school is of such a nice campus, huge greenery, large running space and lotsa fresh air.

Today, we got his name card, the parents hand book, proceeded to the hall (Gym) where some of the parents gathered and were given briefing by the Principal and a teacher on toileting, food, whether to bring bags, how to handle illnesses, being told to label every single thing he wears on him etc etc etc. We tried on uniforms, bought uniforms, white socks, some ppl arranged for school buses. Brought him to visit his classroom again, met his teachers and I asked her numerous questions....

This is so real.....

Jovann spent most of it playing in his classroom. He didn't pay much attention when his daddy walked away to get something. We were wondering if he will be as nonchalant when school really starts. Think both of us half hope he will be, half hope he won't be. Sigh...confused parents....




Aiyoh.....the darn cute socks, HOW TO RESIST buying??????


After this we went to JG, it was meet the parents session and the class photo taking.


Surprise surprise!! must record this down!!! I was resting in the car, getting ready to come out and join them for dancing, when hubby messaged me that J ate raisins and bananas!!! both of which he don't know how to eat (raisins)/don't like to eat (bananas) before today although I have tried many times!


Is this another milestone? We shall try again with raisins at home.

His dinner tonight. Porridge cooked with white bait, served with soya sauce/sesame oil minced chicken with xiao bai cai.

No comments: