A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pomfret please

They say you get different sympthoms when you carry a girl and boy baby. In fact, according to popular belief (which was also my belief until I compare 2 of my friends both carrying baby girls), those carrying girls will have rounded tummies and those having boys will have pointed ones. With J, my tummy was very pointed. But so is it now with the little princess. My tummy is bigger now though, I am having my first stretch marks around the belly button. :( I didn't have any with Jovann. Eeeeee.....hate stretch marks.... lucky we took pregnancy photos before that first stretch marks appear hehee...

As for sympthoms...well......perhaps subtle differences. Besides spotting throughout 1st trimester (I spotted only a while with Jovann), prefering sour/spicy food more often than sweeter food, being a bit more tolerant of chinese cooking this time round, I find the other sympthoms more or less the same. I suddenly develop a craving/love for chocolate which I lack (yep, I DON'T like chocolate when not preggie), which now makes me the number 1 customer at the healthy fruit drink stall in BP plaza where I get my daily fix of marshmallow fondue at $2 (did I say HEALTHY fruit drink stall???), I still generally prefer fragrant and pungent food (nasi lemak, mee siam, laksa, prawn mee with chilli padi) for both pregnancies. And I still don't really like fish, except for some. With Jovann, I only eat the teochew fish porridge my parents cook (with is actually a super expensive bowl of the most expensive pomfret fish, freshest prawns, chewy squids, best dried scallops (I still hate fresh ones), and the fish porridge stall near my home every weekend. Thats the only 2 fish dishes I can stomach I think during that time. With girl girl now, I still swear by my parents fish porridge, but hates the fish porridge at that usual stall near my house. And now I realise there's a pattern. She only loves pomfret. My mum can buy the most expensive cod fish, threadfin, salmon, even the spiciest sambal fish or fish curry, but my stomach will churn at the thought/look of it. But put in front of me a promfret (only if steamed teochew style or cooked in fish porridge), and I will eat. Its really funny, I only noticed it these few weeks. When mom steams a pomfret, I will eat, when its ANY other kinda fish, I find it a chore just to put one piece into my mouth and I will gag. I usually hate wedding dinners during preggie coz I hate chinese food during preggie, and I will only pick on the dishes, esp the fish. But during my cousin's wedding last sat, they served steamed pomfret, teochew style, and I find myself eating quite a lot. Today, I even had chai png in AMK, and ordered a steamed pomfret, stir fry spinach, braised chicken wings, and soya sauce pork (yep, its ALL mine) and it costs $10.50 for the meal, and I finished everything except a few pieces of pork. Amazing.......

That said, I still feel I don't have a good appetite. Rather, I have a fussy appetite. am still looking forward confinement for that 180degress appetite revival where I will eat ANYTHING and EVERYTHING put in front of me. Hahaha.....

I am 37 weeks now...my gynae checkups are a weekly affair. :)

This is Mommy at our 36/37 weeks checkup on 3 October. :)

No comments: