A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Monday, October 20, 2008

To My Hubby

To My Hubby

You know how couples who've been married for years tend to harp on each other's shortcomings, grudge about how he never help with this and that, didn't show enough concern etc etc. I admit I am no different. I am only human afterall. But, many times, I try to remind myself of how great a person I have married, and I know I will never have it any other way.

Yes, he's hot tempered, but so am I! He drives like the whole world's other drivers are nincompoops (except some), he sometimes speaks like he's never in the wrong, he revels in pointing out things I DIDN'T do and overlooks the things I do (thats before I preggie lah, now he seldom). He is so busy with his work right now he works late nights at home on his lappy, looking so stressed, muttering to himself so much, that I am afraid to approach him even.

But all that being said, he is a fabulous dad and a great hubby. Whenever he has time to play with J, he has the energy I currently (and always) lack, the creativity and the ideas to teach J through play, the roughness that toddler sons love, and the uncanny ability to make him laugh.

During this 2nd pregnancy, though at times I gripped to myself about how I have to pack my own hospital bag this time, how he don't make milk for me every night and how the attention/tenderness is somehow abated compared to when carrying Jovann, but in the 2nd half of the pregnancy, I can see him making an effort to put aside his work at night (he's much busier now compared to 1st pregnancy too) and asking me what do I need. One night, when I thought he was looking especially keenly at his lappy, he was actually trying to write out a script for me that I wanted.

He has been bathing for J at night, staying with him when he drinks his milk, reading to him, brushing his teeth, putting him to bed every single night for 2 weeks now. After J sleeps, hubby will go back to his work. Both of us wants J to get used to Daddy doing all this, before mei mei comes along. Coz its important that J don't associate mei mei with the one who takes mommy's attention away from him.

Despite bring pressed for daily never ending deadlines, and looking thunderous and focused on his lappy until I only dare to sit there and read my book, hubby will look up and asked me cheerily (I know he is making an effort to sound cheery instead of stressed) if I want a glass of milk, chicken essence, am I ready for leg massage, for some light reading etc. He massage my legs for me every single night now, and will make me laugh by his silly antics and jokes. He says good night to girl girl every night before I sleep, lends me his i-phone to listen to music in bed, sayangs me whenever I turn like a hippo in bed to rest on my other side, stops me and sayangs me when I scratch my tummy rashes like a woman possessed. He sings his special song to girl girl and is especially gratified whenever she responds to his voice, which is every single time. I always remind him girl girl is more responsive to him than Jovann, and he also hoping this little girl will be Daddy's Girl when she's born.

He gives me big hugs when I am mad at my parents or worried about my mom. He asks my boy to sayang me/hug me when I am sad or upset.

He has been asking me if I crave for Aglio Olio coz I love the one he makes, but I have not been craving for pasta. And just last night, he knew I have been craving for soya sauce chicken and he cooked dinner for me!!! it was YUMMY! Here's my dinner last night.


soya sauce chicken with blue ginger, sesame oil and martini, stir fry kailan with garlic and ginger, omelette with onions.

He cooked one whole chicken and he told the helper to leave some for me to eat tomorrow for lunch. :) Yumm......my rice is cooking in the rice cooker now, going to have that with hubby's soya sauce chicken after heating it up in the claypot.

Love you Hubby!

No comments: