A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Saturday, October 18, 2008

A Splash of a Good Time!

A Splash of a Good Time with Reubern!

1-2 weeks back, a few of us were really disappointed when our swim date had to be cancelled due to lighting at thunder at SCC. I rem that time, Joanne was oredi clothed in her swimsuit, and I was sorely disappointed coz it was a swim I was really looking forward to with Jovann and his friends, in particular because I am not sure when's the next time I can bring him go swimming since I am due very very soon. That time, I was 37 weeks.

So it was that on 16 October Thursday, Joanne and I gleefully brought our sons swimming at SCC after a week of planning. We both took leave. Sam bought a set of 4 mini soakers from ELC after seeing the nice set Grace has, Joanne bought a brand new swimming ring float and a cute little dino poncho for R. The excitement build up for both of us, and I was happily packing the night before.

This time, we are armed with the following toys.
* 1 sand/water toy from ToysRus
* 2 mini soakers from ELC (fancy name for water gun hehehe) + a cheaper one from ma ma shop
* 2 TYR swim floats (one each from Jo and me)
* 1 swim ring float
* A pair of arm rings float Auntie B bought
* The huge ducky sit-in float Jovann sat in for his first swim at 8mths (we didn't use it today)
* The bola bola that he had since 4 mths old
* A cute yellow bucket
* 2 Hippo/dino water blasters! (one each from Jo and me)

Here we come!!!!!!!!


The boys took to the water gleefully, starting off at the wadding pool and playing with the slides. before the adults moved to the deeper pool. In the beginning, J kept protesting coz he wants to go back to the wadding pool.

R had fun with his swim floats, but J today seemed a bit scared of the floats and ring floats, preferring us to play with him without it. Lucky there were 3 water guns, coz the boys nearly fought over it hehehee. As J only had strength to depress it with his thumb, he cldn't really aim, but that doesn't stop him from trying to catch Auntie Joanne's attention and kept calling her before trying to hao lian with his poor aiming hahaha...



Auntie Joanne had an UBER cool underwater camera....that got Mommy fascinated. Really fun taking photos with it and not worrying about it getting wet. This explains why our own cam has so few photos....

The boys love the slide too. Check out the video.
***

***
Actually there was a much bigger slide at the other pool, but Uncle Tony tried it and felt (same as hubby) that it will be too fast and steep to bring the boys on, so we didn't try. :P

No lack of toys!




The boys, after 1hour 15mins of swimming! Its a wonder they are not both shrivelled uP! R looks dashing in his new dino poncho hehee..He obviously felt J looks funny too, coz at one point he was looking at his amusedly.


Our two little Jedi Knights...


The part I usually like least about swimming is the washing up. but at SCC, I enjoy it coz I love the bathroom. Spacious and considerate enough, with lockers, massage chairs (not that i can use) and a comfy bench to put my huge bag in each shower stall. This time, hubby bathed for J, and its the first time he bathed for him outside alone. He enjoyed it! And me...I could enjoy my own long shower hehehee....

We went to the cafeteria for lunch. hubby and I were sooooo sad when our fav nasi lemak is sold out. :( I ate chicken rice (same as Tony), while sam had his chicken cutlet. Jovann had a bit of his porridge, while R ate fried rice.



J in his new Jim Thomson beach top which Uncle Malcolm and Auntie Sharon got for him for his birthday. I really love this top, especially the ultra soft material....


It was a really fun day, and I felt really pleased after that. After seeing Jovann enjoyed himself so much on his birthday here, I been wanting very much to come again. I wouldn't forgive myself if I cannot bring him before I deliver. But we did it!

Reubern and Jovann has come a long way as friends. They knew of each other before they were borned, and grew up meeting each other often. I was reminded of how far we've come from his mom's recent blog entry about the 2 boys...its really cool. Hope they will be best buddies forever. :)

No comments: