A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Eve at Auntie Li'an's place

These group of friends are Mommy's secondary school classmates and they are pretty close. They gather every Christmas. They used to have this way of "snatching presents" that is really hilarious, but Auntie Hanzi (Li'an) suggested that this yr we be more civilised, so they drew lots for the presents instead hehe.

Auntie Cindy and Uncle Guoming is already there. Auntie Weini can't join us this year because she just given birth 2 days ago (pls refer to earlier post). Auntie Miang was very very late!!! The adults were starting to growl from hunger, and Uncle Guoming and Daddy kept going to the kitchen door and made signs of fainting from hunger, to speed things up.

The chefs...Auntie Li'an is 25 weeks pregnant. How nice!!!




While I went around displaying my amateur photography skills.

Trying to take photos of Mommy....




ooops who's legs are these....


Looking up at Uncle Thomas


Daddy took this.


meimei woke up...


Finally the food is ready!
We had spaghetti, ngor hiang, bacon asparagus rolls, and cucumber/carrot/breadsticks with dips. In light of the current favourite Channel 8 blockbuster serial, Uncle Guoming complained to them that they did not stem the ngor hiang skin first before frying. hehehe! I didn't understand what they are saying but Mommy Daddy seemed to coz they were roaring with laughter. The food was delicious!






The hosts are so sweet, gave a goody bag each for mei mei and myself. I got a Thomas Toy, and even a winnie the pooh goody bag (although Uncle Thomas wrongly gave me the Cinderalla one to start with), and started playing with the stuff inside. The blowout was spoilt by me in no time. I kept blowing and saying "elephant!".






Uncle Guoming playing balloon with me. Watch me burst it!
**

**

As it was Christmas Eve, Mommy thought of staying out longer and tried making mei mei go to bed in their study room. She went through the bedtime routine with her outside for the first time. After she put mei mei down, mei mei played on her own for some time. Then suddenly started wailing. We had to rush the gift exchange, cut the log cake, and leave. Uncle Thomas and Auntie Li'an was so sweet, insisting that I take a piece of cake home with me. Coz before that, I kept pestering them to "I wanna cut cake....I wanna cut cake....". Daddy explained to them that I thought this is a party so there's sure to be cake to blow candles with hehe. They even gave me a piece of Santa to go with it. :)


Presents!


Uncle Thomas giving me a piece of cake to bring home.

No comments: