A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Thomas and Barney Galore

Jovann is 27 Months old today!

# You like to sayang mei mei and at the same time tell me "mei mei so cute" or "so pretty" hehe.
# 2 nights ago, I told you lets go bathe. You replied me "No need, thank you. I wanna play car". Hmppph. Not sure to be tickled or upset hehe.
# Sometimes at night, when Daddy pray for him, Jovann will touch Daddy's crucifix on the chain and say "Jovann grow up, Daddy buy cross give Jovann". Hehe coz hubby told him that before.
# Last night I asked him to hug me. The notti boy actually said "just now hug already".
# After reading the new Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See book to him once, he could remember every single animal the brown bear saw. You tell him the colour and he will continue with the right animal. This boy has good memory.
# He will say "welcome" when anyone says "thank you" to him.
# Both hubby and I were taken aback when 3 nights ago, we realised suddenly that Jovann don't need to tiptoe to reach the soap bottle on the sink anymore! Gosh. Did this boy grow overnight? I told hubby I tot its just last week that I saw him tiptoe with my own eyes! Now he can put back the soap bottle easily.
# He chewed fishball for the first time on Friday (19 Sept)!!! We were so pleased with him we praised him lavishly. He wanted to hi-five with us everytime he did it, and he will nod his head after chewing, as if super pleased and proud with himself. He is using his front teeth though, and so far only fishball and tofu. But its a start! My mommy friends will know how long I have been waiting for this day.
# He likes to say "Lets go baby" and "Follow me!" when we are heading off somewhere.

There is a Thomas & Friends merchandise sale at the plaza these few days, and a Barney Show right next to it. When Daddy browsed the Thomas stuff on Wed, he was thrilled and we decided to bring J on Thur to the Barney show, then let him choose his number 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th......christmas presents. :P



I managed to let myself in as well with Jaz in the sling. But as the number of kids and parents grew, I feel more and more worried what germs the people around and above me (those standing outside the railing) harbours, and keep on worrying if one of them will sneeze or cough into Jaz's face. So I let myself out. Daddy and Jovann continued to enjoy the show. Daddy said Jovann sat riveted throughout, but funnily didn't wanna join in the dance this time hehee..

Before the show.




Jaz asleep.


Jaz awake!


During the show


Photoshoot!


Shopping Time!
I think Daddy first went crazy, then Mommy too. Daddy was quite insistent on getting Jovann the Thomas & Friends #1 Mega Playset. Its a 73 piece playset which includes 5 diecast characters including Thomas, and includes Cranky the Crane, Barrel Depot Loader, Paint Station, Gantry Crane, Electronic Soder Shipping Company, bridge, mud puddle, 2 signal pieces, and lots more! Wowwwww!! and it comes with 5-6 track engines too, including Harold the helicopter. Hey, that thing cost $160. Yep, there's a "1" in front loh. Well, there's 20% lah.
I had to ask Daddy a lot of time if he meant to buy it, before I believe he's serious. Jovann was thrilled and went around the atrium grabbing train sets to add onto the Mega Set. Funnily, he gave us back Emily and James (he likes both) when he saw Stanley for the first time. Talk about 喜新厌旧! He refused to give Stanley to the cashier to scan the barcode.

Daddy, I want this...and this.....and THIS!


J browsing the racks for engines.


We went around the place collecting xmas presents as though its free. His shoes are getting too big for him, so we bought him 2 pairs of Barney shoes, they are real nice! and NOT purple!

Our damage that day



+ Thomas & Friends #1 Mega Playset
+ Thomas and Friends Carry Case (shape of Thomas, it can contain around 15 engines I think.)
+ Emily
+ Stanley
+ James
+ Thomas & Friends single bedsheet set
+ Thomas & Friends single duvet cover set
+ Barney Shoes (2pairs)

My damage the NEXT day
+ Thomas & Friends lunch box
+ Thomas & Friends safety Scissors
+ Barney crayons

Psssst....Reubern and Clarence, wanna come my house and play????????

Later, my parents brought J up for his nap, while hubby and I went for our late late lunch with Jaz. We had told ourselves to enjoy this babyhood of hers, whilst she's still so "portable". Then we went Harvey Norman to shop for a fridge. Our current one is conking out on us very soon.

(in the above pic, J is carrying the bag containing Emily, Stanley and James. He couldn't wait to play with them!)

Jaz in the stroller. She refused the sleep the whole afternoon ever since waking up 15mins before the Barney shoes started. She was awake from 12.45pm to 5plus pm that day, a first. I was so worried for her insufficient nap. Sigh....

No comments: