A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Toilet Training

We started toilet training today. By this, I meant today is the first time we let him go without diaper the whole day, except nap times and bedtime.

Tally - 3 "accidents", 6 successful pee-ing. Not bad!!! Jiayou my little boy!

To start with, the day before I already prepared him. He said "ok" repeatedly throughout my prep talk, not sure how much of it went inside his head hehe. This morning, when dressing for him after bath, I put out the 3 pieces of spiderman (yes spiderman, Mothercare ONLY have that ok???) underwear I bought for him months ago, and let him choose. He chose the red one hehee...and he has this shy shy look on this face hehee. And I let him put back the diaper into the packaging, as an act of "closure" hehe.

Brought him to toilet twice, but he didn't pee. Then 2 successive "accidents". The next 5 times, all managed to say/agree he wants to pee and pee-ed in the small pail. Auntie Joanne taught us to use a small container close at hand instead of rushing to the toilet every time. Proves to be true, coz now just started out so most times he is doing his best to hold it in. Following this, 1 more accident, then one more successful pee. Yeah!! I told Jovann everytime he pees successfully in the bucket or toiletbowl, Mommy will give him a star sticker (the page of stickers came with the Potty Training Book for Boys which we bought a year ago), and let him stick onto his Thomas notebook which we bought yesterday, instead of the sticker page that came with the Potty book (coz I figured he will like Thomas more). He will get a little present for every 5 stickers he has. And he has 6! so before sending my mum home from dinner tonight, I told him he has 6 stars and that means he has a "surprise"! (I don't know how much he absorb of my speech coz he had his eyes glued on Thomas on TV and kept replying me "ok" to give me face). I let him choose a present (this part he's interested), eyes closed, out from the plastic bag that contains a Thomas safety scissors, Thomas lunchbox, Barney shoes and Barney crayons. He got the lunchbox, and brought it out with him on the car ride. :)

4 comments:

-Mommy JoAnne- said...

Jovann's so lucky to earn rewards for each successful attempt! It did occur to me to do this but i figured that R might notm appreciate this so we just stuck to the good old cheering only. :)

Anonymous said...

Actually I also dunno whether he appreciates it hahahaha! but since I happen to have little gifts in a plastic bag thats unwrapped, so try it!

Anonymous said...

hee so fun! I also want sticker :) Well done Jovann, Well done Mummy :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ling! Hahaa, I am waiting for the day he can be like Sophie, go out also diaperless. :) :) :)