A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Thursday, March 5, 2009

More Bentos

Made 3 more so far....

This is for the Breakfast last Saturday with DN. J didn't bother with any of the items except the grapes. But the bento attracted the attention of a mother at the next table, who asked me how did I make the shapes. Heee...




Made another one the next day for his lunch at Chayenne's 1st birthday party. When I was taking photos, J came to kaypoh and said he want to eat. I told him later. At the party, he was crazy about playing at the playground. But surprisingly, when I tempted him by showing him the bento box, he willingly came along with me outside to have his lunch. :)

BUT...he didn't eat much. Some beehoon...he ate more of the grapes and pears.








Then on Thursday morning, during the mid morning rush (I prepared the cherry tomatoes and biscuits the night before), I prepared a bento for hubby. Coz he has been SO BUSY lately at work he didn't have time to eat lunch, sometimes only eating as late as 3-4pm. :( So I prepared some cherry tomatoes, sliced apples, and chocolate cream biscuits.

I put them in this new box I bought from DAISO the day before. It comes with a tiny icepack, that can be attached to the lid of the box, so it can keep fruits cool. how cool!

The box




Put all in the pouch, also from DAISO. :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hihi,

where do you get all these mini container with different shape (cute cute cartoon pattern on it)? And how you made the shape of the bread and rice so interesting. You cook all the food in the bento. How you cook the pan-fried teriyaki salmon and stir fried food? I am not good at cooking

Many thanks

Anonymous said...

Oh yah just the way, wont the food get cold when you bring it out for quite awhile??

Anonymous said...

Hi, i bought most of those stuff at DAISO singapore. :) the teriyaki salmon is the easiest, just marinate the salmon for at least an hour in teriyaki sauce, dump into preheat pan with a bit of oil, fry until brown, turn, remove when brown on both sides and inside is cooked.

as for keeping food warm, bentos are usually eaten at room temp..hehee... coz the ingredients inside the bento can be eaten at that temp lah. but of course if i cook porridge or soup then i will bring out in thermos. :)