A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Silly Games We Play

Monday night, I wanted to bring J to Lil Ozone again after a fun fun fun afternoon there. Suggested it to hubby but he said he was overstimulated after that 1.5hours of fun, and kept waking up that night. So nope to Ozone.

So I decided to play some silly games with him at home instead. However, J found the games so fun he was overstimulated anyway hahaaa...

The Traffic Lights Game

Recently whenever we stopped at traffic lights, I may point them out to J and teach him what they mean. So tonight, I cut out from coloured paper circles representing the diff colours of the traffic signals Red, Amber, Green. Light orange paper had to do for Amber. :P


When J saw the left over papers, he said "Moon!" hehe, not wrong!


I reiterated what the colours meant on the traffic poles, and for good measure, I wrote them slowly down. Then off we go!

When I flash the green card, we go madly around the house (living room, kitchen, cosy corner)!!! When I flash the red card, J and I will stop. When I flash the orange card, we will walk slowwwwwly....I alternated the walk slowly with walking like an elephant, walking like a penguin, and tip-toeing. Jovann had so much FUN! I cldn't believe how much fun can a simple game comprising cheap materials give a young child hehee. He kept asking and ASKING for the "green one"! Coz that little one wanted to RUN! he ran squealing, and laughing, and headlong into me and grabbed my legs. Hehehe!

There wasn't much video coz we were too busy enjoying ourselves. :P

The Island Game
This game is on the basis that all young children need to feel secure, and an island of safety serves to satisfy just that need in them.

I used a mahjong paper instead of newspaper, as I didn't want to leave dirty footprints on the floor!

I told J that the paper is a "safe island", around which there are crocodiles and sharks swimming around. We then proceeded to swim swim swim like fishes in the sea....then once I shout "Crocodile!!" (Hubby doubled as a crocodile when we first started, complete with slithering body and "snapping jaws"), we ran like lightning to the safe island (pls dun ask me how can fish swim yet stay "safe" on the dry island :P). J screams when he runs, laughing at the same time, and grabbing my legs when he reach that island. But he seemed as interested in pretending to be the crocodile, biting back the Daddy crocodile, as much as running onto that island! hahahaa...

He can't decide which side he wants to be on!

***

***





Creatures of the Sea
This activity was supposed to be long done, together with the Rainbow Fish theme. But mommy here very bad habit, always procrastinate. End up now then do. We did it last weekend, but by now of course he knows his colours already. Just let him have fun sticking them according to the colours I have separated into columns, coz now he loves getting all messy. :)


No comments: