A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Worried - Is he losing weight?

Mummy said I seemed to be losing weight since the 2nd 5-in-1. That checkup I weighed 6.9kg, but the recent weighing at home showed that I is 6.6kg sometimes. She's concerned as since birth I have always exceeded the average weight of growing newborns, and Mummy always feel proud that her milk is making me strong and big, heavier than the mean weight. As I am fed purely breastmilk, the doctor encouraged that its a good thing because overweight formula-fed babies may be a concern.

Maybe now the home machine is spoilt? but mummy is worried especially since Ah Gong and Ah Ma also commented my face don't look as chubby as before. so she called up SBCC to check with the nurse. She was asked about my milk intake and she said sometimes I fussed so much I only take 50ml, but on good days I can finish the 140/150ml EBM she prepared. After listening to what the nurse say, she decided to increase my milk to 160ml x 3 a day. She told Ah Gong Ah Ma have to make sure I takes all 3 bottles before she reaches home, even if I don't finish all. Its lucky mummy always pumped more than what I take so increasing the amount is not a problem to her. The only problem is whether I will drink it. Poor Ah Ma and Ah Gong, who always have trouble making me drink.

2 days later - Mummy is esctatic! I finished the 160ml 2 out of 3 times in a day! I am a growing baby hehehe! When she weighed me and find my weight hovering around 7kg she panicked a bit less.

No comments: