A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Sunday, January 14, 2007

Your PD visit and a scare

4 Jan, went for your 2nd 5in1 jab and pneumoccocal prevnar vacinnation.

Statistics :
Wt 6.9kg
length 62.5cm
head circumference 42.6cm!! :)

We took advice from some and gave you a little bit of infant panadol before going into the doctor's office, because we wish to prevent you from having fever. Mummy only give you 0.4ml though I know your weight requires 0.6ml, but as its a prevention (or so I thought) I wanted to feed only minimal amount since its still medication. When the jabs were administered, you cried out in mummy's arms, but quiet down within a few seconds. brave boy!

We have brought along the infant thermometer and panadol to Ah Gong Ah Ma's place, and left strict instructions to monitor your temperature regularly as I had needed to go back to work. Mummy went off to get some necessities for you then were on the way to work when Ah Gong gave me a call on my hp, saying you had kept waking up and fussing and not sleeping well though you were obviously sleepy. and your hands and feet were cold. I was worried and called up another peadiatrician's office (your PD was not reachable) and the nurse immediately asked if I had given you panadol. When she knew I did she told me I shldn't have as if the child was not having fever to begin with, he may become hypothermic. That information scared me out so much, and i immediately phoned up gong gong to wrap you up, off the aircon and keep your warm by carrying you. I quickly took a cab and rushed back, calling daddy on the way. I was so worried and I was crying on the phone, saying I shldn't have fed the panadol at all though some ppl do it. I had wanted to feed you paosheng or ling yang but didn't dare to as your daddy is very overly-reactive to such cooling herbs and we don't know if you will react similarly. I regret so much now, and was so angry with myself. I fear losing you so much, I willed the cab to go faster. Think the cab driver overheard what I said on the phone and he literally flew back to bukit panjang. I jumped out of the cab without collecting my change and rushed upstairs to see you. You were already quietly gazing at Ah Gong and snug in his arms. You seemed fine and your hands and feet already feels warm. ah gong and ah ma said you calmed down once your hands and feet went back to being warm. what a sigh of relief when I saw you are okie, and I quickly latched you on to give you comfort and you closed your eyes and drank. Thank God you are okie.

Daddy reached home too and said he got our PD on the phone and he said many parents give panadol and its okie. The cold hands and feet could be coz you had some tummy pains which got better once you poo-ed, which seems to be true as you had just poo-ed when I carried you. I was angry at myself still, and also angry at the PD for even suggesting I shld have fed 0.6ml instead due to body weight. I do not wish to imagine what may or may not happen if I had done that.

Next jab, going to feed a bit of herbs to you, no more panadol dear.

No comments: