A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Friday, January 30, 2009

Jovann making Croquettes

This post is belated, coz we embarked on J's 1st culinary adventure 2-3 weeks back already, before he fell sick. Hey, I swear its not the croquettes.

In an attempt to make him to chew, and take more angmoh style food, I decided to make croquettes with him. So, I prepared all the ingredients, brought the IKEA table to the kitchen, laid out all the necessities in IKEA colourful plates and bowls. Put Jaz to bed, then called J to the kitchen. "Wow....." he went.


Lets start making a mess!

Under my guidance, he poured, stirred, smeared....heheee...initially he din like to get dirty, so insisted on using the spatula to stir the mixture. But soon he decided getting dirty is part of the fun, so he used his hands.

The whole cup of milk went in before I can stop him. Ooops! mixture too watery! lucky Daddy Sam managed to still fry them into decent croquettes in the pan later.

Jovann mixing boiled potatoes, steamed carrots, mushrooms, onions, cheese, butter, fresh milk, eggs in the mixing bowl. and he got carried away shaking the pepper and italian seasoning into it too. Hee! He also initially didn't want to wear that apron, but saw me put mine on (mine is a cute pink one we bought in Melb), and he did it too.

I don't want the apron!


Carrots..


He drank the milk before pouring it in!




Gingerly holding the spatula...




Mushrooms!


During this process, Jaz cried a lot of times, both the helper and hubby couldn't soothe her. This mommy had to rush in and out of the bedroom, covered with flour and raw eggs, to calm her down, before I can continue my kitchen adventure with the big one.

Daddy frying.




So, the excited mommy dish 2 croquettes for his dinner. Served with a bowl of chicken soup with carrots and egg. And guess what? He took 3 bites and stopped!!!!


Without going into details, it subsequently took us 2 hours to make him finish the 2 croquettes. Aiyoh!!!!

J imitating me beating the raw egg to put into the soup.


But I will not give up! Muffins here we come!

No comments: