A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Monday, January 5, 2009

Preparing Jovann for School...

He's starting school soon. And recently, remembering a suggestion from a parenting consultant 1 yr ago, I spent Jazreel's nap time to put together a very simple and basic scrapbook for Jovann. It contains pictures of what his school looks like, the classroom, canteen, what he will do when he goes to school etc. However, as I did not have much pics of the school to start with (I forgot to take more photos during orientation), I had to get most of the play, music, dancing photos from the web. Fortunately, the school's website has plenty of these. I left some space for some photos I intend to take soon.





3 Jan, saturday, I brought him to Greenridge to buy his school shoes as I promised him. We had fun choosing, but took some time coz the simple design I wanted didn't have his size. We had to buy another pair thats not completely white but cost around the same price. He like it so much he insist on wearing it home NOW.

Next day, I taught him how to put the shoe dots into his shoes, and let him do one side. The shoe dots are cool, it has his name and a small little doggy on it. I personalised it through www.stuckonyou.biz. I got the ironed-on clothing labels too, see! so cute! I chose the elephant coz for some reason J is crazy about elephants. The company had to squeeze the text in order to fit in the elephant but they were very accommodating. :)





I then let J took a photo of his shoes himself, then I put on his uniform for him, complete from head to toe, and took some photos. We printed out the photos together, letting him press the "Print" button and waiting for the printouts. Then he used the new Thomas safety scissors to cut out the pic of the shoes and of him in the uniform, and glued it onto the scrapbook.




Viola! the shoes pic a bit torn coz he cut it too hurriedly.


And today, 5 Jan, when the classes for N2, K1, K2 started, we visited the school again with J. He had fun at the playground while we took the remaining photos.








He seems to be excited and kept saying "I wanna go school" quite a bit these few days.

We be coming back on Thursday!

No comments: