A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Friday, January 30, 2009

Spending time with Jovann

Around the time Jaz was 2 mths old, I could sense J developing a sense of jealousy through little actions of his. Thus, I made up my mind to spend more one-on-one time with him, while leaving Jaz to the care of hubby, helper, or putting Jaz at my mom's place while I bring J out alone.

One, I filled our masterbedroom build-in bathtub with warm water, throw in the toys, then told J that I am bringing him swimming! Of course he's happy, but looked a bit confused when I told him we are going to swim in the bathroom! I changed him into his swimsuit, and I myself put on my own swimsuit too! in we go! We had a splash of a time, its so heartwarming seeing him enjoying himself, during our silly "swim". :P





Next was my trip alone with him to Jacob Ballas park for the waterplay (previous post).
He had such fun he nearly didn't want to leave! I was flexing my muscles, getting ready to haul him away bodily, but he didn't need to. Whew....hahahaa.! Promised him to bring him back for sand play soon.


Many times, I just dropped Jaz off at my parents, and bring J down to BP plaza for a walk. either a ride on the Barney rides, or a frolic at the playground, or helping me buy groceries at NTUC. Most importantly, is letting him know Mommy is still here with him.


Making croquettes with him.


Instead of hubby going out to buy lunch or dinner, now I bring J alone and walk to the foodcourt to buy meals back on weekends if we not cooking. He will hang around or sit on the ledge while I order, or playing around the columns and the di-gam machines there. Then we walk back, teaching him about pedestrian crossings and the difference between red man, green man, and flashing green man on the way. Also letting J take the kiddy rides...he always say he wants the ducky ride...



We brought him to FIDGETS too. I was so elated and excited going back there again, coz this time I am not pregnant and I can go up the climb around like a monkey with J. best of all (or so I thought), I can take THIS slide with him! Oh my oh my...its so SUPER STEEP, my heart nearly dropped when I went down. I even nearly chickened out when sitting on top, getting read to come down. J on the other hand, sitting on my lap, was grinning away. I got a burn on my right elbow by trying to lean back and slowing down my descent. Aiyoh...

**

**

We also brought him to feed the fishes at Botanic Gardens one evening, and had a quiet dinner at the food court there. Something different on a weekend afternoon.





Brought him to cut his hair, which was a huge progress on its own. Friends who know J will know he used to scream bloody murder when having his hair cut. Now he don't! Well done my boy!

he looking ever so cool...




Can't resist taking a photo of the new United Sq Customer Service counter. so cute! In the shape of a bus!


J on a Thomas Ride! Wheels can turn, bells you can clank, whistles too!


Sending him back by bus from school alone...(previous post)

No comments: