A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Rainbow Fish Crafts

Have not been updating the blog for some time, coz poor Jovann is sick. Sigh..I expected this ever since he started school, but its still very very tiring, as we have to do our best to protect the smaller Jaz at the same time.

There's so many things I wanted to blog about, but there's no time.

For now, an update on a craft I did with him last weekend.

Part 1 (Have not done Part 2 with him hehee)
Jovann has been interested in the Rainbow Fish ever since I read him the book, and more so after the musical. This weekend, I decided to try the Rainbow Fish theme, borrowing some ideas from some fantastic moms. But I did my own version of crafts, so that the fish can "swim" hahahaa...

We went through his book again, and as usual he was more interested in the octupus hehee. Then I told him we are going to do a Rainbow Fish, and he got excited. He chose red out of the 6 bottles of paint I showed him, so we got started doing a red Rainbow fish.





Paint paint, making a mess. I guided him to stick the tail and fins together, but as the sides of the paper plate don't really go on easily, I did this part mostly myself. Now he knows a fish has a tail and fins! He wasn't paying attention when I talked to him about the gills though!

I did the eyes, then he stick the mouth. Then he insisted on pasting a nose!!! no matter what I told him, he wanted to do it, so I let him. Hhmph. well.... can you make out where's J's "fishnose"? oh dear..what am I teaching him hehehe..

He pasted on the scales too, even the shining ones I prepared using aluminium foil. I basically let him free play here, but sometimes have to bring him attention back to the scales coz he tends to get carried away with the nose thing. He pasted the scales in all directions, and some directly on top of the other. But thats alright, its fun!


Our Rainbow Fish!


The next day, I took out 2 tongue depressors (nope, these are not icecream sticks), and stick them onto the back of the fish.


J then happily brought the fish swimming all over the living room, round and round the coffee table! Making the gulping nose of "ger lomp....ger lomp..." when he does it hehee.




He then swam the fish over to his new toy basketball to say hi. Serious. He actually held the fish and make it look at the basketball and said "Hello ball, how are you doing?". Hehe! pity I didn't catch that on video.


When he next went to Ah Gong's place, he insisted on bringing it along to show Ah Gong his fish. :)



No comments: